Stainless steel muffin tins

bellabaz, Nov 12, 4:50pm
By any chance does anyone know where I can buy some from? My 82 year old nana asked me to get her some and has requested that they are not the non stick variety.

lilyfield, Nov 12, 6:42pm
i have never seen stainles bakeware , do you mean aluminium?

petal1955, Nov 12, 7:16pm
If you are looking for aluminium ones I suggest the op shops.

lilyfield, Nov 12, 7:28pm
Btw, the cheaper non stick variety soon looses its coating to make them almost like oldfashioned alu. At least mine did .

sampa, Nov 13, 1:36am
They do exist but you may have to import one. Be quick if this is for Christmas so that it (they) get here on time though.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/fox-run-reg-12-cup-stainless-steel-muffin-pan/1042212140

PS - Your Nana has great taste in cookware!

griffo4, Nov 13, 1:58am
went to try and order but only available in the states no option for NZ any one got any ideas how to get them here please?

kay141, Nov 13, 2:07am

sampa, Nov 13, 4:29am
Sorry griffo4, the link was more meant to show that stainless steel muffins pans do exist even if only overseas. However I have emailed the company to ask if they will ship to NZ so will update if/when I hear back.

christin, Nov 13, 4:41am

countrygirl17, Nov 13, 4:55am
I wonder, does she mean "stainless steel" or the tinware, e.g. Bonco brand, as was commonly used in the past before "non-stick" came into vogue?
[cg's mom]

punkinthefirst, Nov 13, 8:01am
I was wondering this, too. You can often find the "Bonco" style tins in Op- and second-hand- shops. They're easily cleaned up with steel wool and re-seasoning, if they're a little rusty. I'm with "Nana" on this one.

uli, Nov 13, 8:16am
I am pretty sure she means what you call "tin ware" - stainless pans and trays and baking dishes are relatively new (last 15 years maybe?)

pickles7, Nov 13, 10:21am
I have stainless steel muffin pans, I have had them for years. I would think you can still buy them. Google them for a supplier, maybe.

bellabaz, Nov 14, 8:27am
Thank you very much everyone. My nana is stuck in her old ways and refuses to cook with non stick. will try some of these sights and find outmore with you shop?

sampa, Nov 15, 5:31am
Stupid company exports to every where but NZ. Even Niue which I've pointed out to them only gets flights ex NZ so. goods have to come here first before going there. I suspect they think we're a part of Australia and have simply left us out due to that. *angry face* I so want to have a few choice words with them regarding our status as an independent country rather than one amalgamated into/with Australia but email communication appears to have ceased once I pointed out the Niue thing. Hopefully someone here will be able to provide further info as to where this item can be purchased from a sensible country - or even within NZ - that will recognise the fact that we are a viable market to sell to here.

griffo4, Nov 15, 7:47am
Thank you Sampa for trying l will keep looking

sampa, Nov 15, 7:53am
You are very welcome and, if you do find someone selling them accessible to us Kiwi's, please come back to let us know.

bellabaz, Nov 15, 8:21am
You can use youshop with nzpost as itt gives a USA address then ships to us

sampa, Jun 26, 5:12pm
That sounds interesting. Can you provide any more details or a link?