Pyrex casserole dishes

eljayv, Oct 16, 8:05am
Without tops . I have over the years found that the top half of these dishes chip and are discarded any ideas of replacement tops for these? I probably should just get rid but if there is an alternative it would be good. less wasteful.

issymae, Oct 16, 9:33am
tin foil if in oven, glad wrap in micro wave; put in garage sale if getting rid of

kaddiew, Oct 16, 6:15pm
I do as poster #2 does. And, no lid needed to use it to bake bread, the odd cake, potato/veg bakes, fruit crumble, microwave lemon honey, and so on.

eljayv, Oct 16, 7:52pm
And I have since been made aware of some sort of flat silicone lid thingy sold at Stevens that is microwave, oven and freezer safe. I will check that out too.

245sam, Oct 17, 12:49am
I/we have silicon lids/covers similar to those on the following link and they are fantastic although I have never used them in the oven but have very successfully used them in the microwave and on the stove-top as a substitute saucepan, frying pan or wok lid, and then as a pot stand to protect the bench at serving time.
http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Kitchen/Bekith-Silicone-Universal-Suction-Lids-4-Sizes-15cm-20cm-25cm-30cm-Reusable-Food-Saver-Covers-For-Bowls-Pots-Pans-Cups/9999302422150

Ours were not purchased at Stevens or from Fishpond but from a trade stand at a RV Expo. :-))

eljayv, Oct 17, 3:31am
I have seen those at Amazon . similar to the Stevens ones which are on special at the moment. Thanks for the suggestion using as a pot stand although the Stevens ones have little bobble handle which may be a nuisance there.

nauru, Oct 17, 8:46am
Check out the Op shops, they always have odd casserole lids available. I've replaced a couple of mine that way. The silicone covers work well on them too.

pogram0, Aug 27, 5:06pm
If your pyrex dish is a small round one, Countdown supermarket have some lids - they are sold as shallow dishes but look like they would fit over a small casserole type dish.