Cuisinart 14 cup food processor - anyone have one

wildflower, Apr 20, 7:39am
I was looking at KitchenAid etc but these look pretty good; does anyone have one? Model FP-14-DCMRA.

marcs, Apr 21, 8:36am
I don't have their food processor but have their blender which comes with a small food processor attachment. I find cuisineart very good however this blender/food processor I have got is not very good. It smells like it is an electrical burn when I use it. I think it was just particular model and I have had it for a few years. They must have improved on it now. It still works great and is very very powerful. I also like kitchenaid but the price is a bit high and you probably would find that Cuisinart would do the same job. I also have a hand held mixer which is really good and a toaster which has not died. Other toasters last only 6 to 12 months in my house but I have had the cuisine art ones at least 2 years now with no problems.

wildflower, Apr 22, 7:52am
Thanks marcs.

I have a KitchenAid blender I love but the price/reviews for their food processor plus the warranty and wattage was well below the Cuisinart in comparison.

wron, Apr 23, 4:21am
Magimix? I'm replacing an old Breville - it's almost impossible to get the top off, wife can't and the handle is breaking too!

wildflower, Apr 23, 7:08am
I went for the Cuisinart one; 20 year warranty on the motor, 3 yr on parts, really good reviews and cheaper than the KitchenAid one that was a lot lower spec.

marcs, Sep 19, 8:44am
Will keep it in mind when I need to replace my crappy sunbeam one. They are the worst food processors.