Chocolate Mud Cake

Page 2 / 2
kay141, Aug 23, 7:09am
I feel for your daughter in law. You walked in? Uninvited? Plus criticising her on a public message board seems to show a definite lack of support. I hope she gets some help and support from her husband.

pickles7, Aug 23, 7:46am
I find your comment a bit silly. elliehen
Be promoted into eating cakes if you wish. Entirely your choice.

My Daughter in law is a gem, I would never take a chocolate cake to her home and would no sooner ask her for her recipe, than fly to the moon. Her chocolate cake, is top shelf.

cookessentials, Aug 23, 7:48am
she has chosen to ignore the post that there is one on the cakes thread. So hopefully someone else can provide one that will satisfy.

buzzy110, Aug 23, 11:20pm
Having a little smile here. I have no idea what fruit loops are but I'll take your word that they are good things to use for cake decorations. When I think of decorations I keep thinking of things like liquorice so you can see I will need to do a lot of investigative work before I even attempt decorative features.

buzzy110, Aug 24, 3:29am
Sadly I do not have a microwave nor will a cake cooked in a coffee mug be big enough for birthday cake creations for but thanks for the suggestion anyway. I am sure that other posters will take notice. I have a cake-in-a-cup recipe somewhere. I'll dig it up and post it if I can find it.

buzzy110, Aug 24, 3:36am
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Ingredients:
4T Flour
4T Sugar
2T Cocoa
1 Egg
3T Milk
3T Oil
3T Chocolate Chips (Optional)
A small splash - Vanilla Extract
1 large coffee mug (microwave safe)

Method:
Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well
Add the Egg and mix thoroughly
Pour in the Milk and Oil and mix well
Add the Chocolate Chips (if using) and Vanilla Extract and mix again
Put mug into microwave and cook 3mins at 1000w

Notes:
The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired
EAT (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night.

I have no idea where this can be found on the net. It was given to me by a kind lady who thought I would want to make it despite not having a microwave. For my part I quite like the play on words from mud to mug.

pickles7, Aug 24, 3:46am
I couldn't see you using them at all.
I was throwing a bit more sugar out.
Fruit loops came up on TV the other night, 2 & 1/2 teaspoons of sugar per serve, then there will be kids putting even more sugar over them on the plate. .
I checked out the breakfasts at our local school, no fruit loops there. It is offered away from the school in a community center, a fully staffed facility. The children are expected to be there 1/2 an hour before school starts.

pickles7, Aug 24, 3:52am
gee. buzzy110. you made a long post out of a very small recipe.
I had to go get a glass of water, just to get past
4 T flour 4 T sugar.

buzzy110, Aug 24, 5:26am
Yes. It is quite a lot of stuff for one small cake in a mug. I also forgot to mention that I posted it just for interests sake. I, personally have never made it so I cannot tell anyone whether it works or not. The lady who gave me the recipe used to make that one up all the time though and she recommended it to me.

pickles7, Nov 10, 10:03am
these are too good to let slide