Plum / nectarine crumble?

muffin2, Apr 1, 9:47am
We have quite a few plums and a few nectarines that are getting a bit soft - can we make a crumble out of them!
if so do we remove the stones and boil / stew them as you would with apples!
Thanks in advance!

olwen, Apr 1, 10:31am
You can just stone them and sprinkle with sugar, or stew them.Just what suits you

olwen, Apr 1, 10:38am
I've made this recipe with fresh plums

sooseque, Apr 1, 9:32pm
This is easy and delish
Plum Crisp
500gm plums
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBLSP water
Topping
3 - 4 TBLSP butter
2 TBLSP sugar
2 TBLSP golden syrup
1 cup cornflakes
1 cup rolled oats
whipped cream for serving
Halve plums, remove stones. Place halved plums in deep ovenware dish, sprinkle with sugar and water and bake 180C 15min. Meanwhile prepare topping: melt butter, sugar and syrup together in saucepan, stir in cornflakes and rolled oats. Sprinkle over the fruit and bake 30 mins longer until top is crisp and golden. Serve with whipped cream

cookessentials, Apr 1, 10:03pm
Putting the plums in without cooking them as a poster mentioned above I think, sprinkle with sugar and make the crumble as you would for apple. They are also nice lightly cooked ( I do this for whole plums used at breakfast) I put the plums into a saucepan and add a little water and a little caster sugar, bring to the boil and let them bubble away for a couple of minutes, then I turn them off, pop the lid on and leave overnight. In the morning they are perfectly cooked but still whole, they are lovely for breakfast this way, either on their own or with some yoghurt on the side. If you do them this way, then just pop them in to your baking dish and add your crumble. You will fins that they will cook down in the oven anyway. You can also mix them with apple to do a plum and apple crumble or put them in to muffins as well.