Pressure cooker recipes and best type

infinityjrc, Mar 31, 4:09am
Hi looking to buy a pressure cooker and wondered if stove top or electric are best and what the best brands are!Can anyone also help with some good recipes.
Thanks

gerry64, Mar 31, 9:54am
I bought the New Wave 5 in one - that is it does slow and pressure cook as well as rice and steam and something else cant think - it is great as you brown the meat in it and then turn it to pressure cook - does a whole chicken in 20 mins - beautiful juicy - have also used the slow cooker mode and it is brilliant - I am in Oz so not sure if they are available in NZ

mwood, Mar 31, 10:07am
The big difference is the new electric fast/slow pressure cookers are basically set and forget as opposed to the stove top models needing vigilant monitoring - not an option for us elderly cooks LOL I bought the Breville and I'm comfortable with it,

pamellie, Apr 1, 4:08am
I have a fagor one and find it fantastic.

nauru, Apr 1, 5:04am
I'm still using my old Prestige pressure cooker, bought as a wedding present40 odd years ago.Must admit I was scared to death of it at first, wouldn't cook dinner until Hubby was home, his Mum had used one for years so he was used to them. It still does it's job and I'm comfortable with it although the new slow/pressure cookers look interesting.

mwood, Apr 1, 6:09am
That they cook fast is not in dispute - but realise you must also allow extra time for heating up and cooling both considerably longer than the "cooking" time LOL

guest, Mar 20, 10:42pm
This is an awesome coapmny to join. I work a full time job and I have been a consultant for over 6 years. It can be whatever you want/need it to be. Pampered Chef is my fun job where I get to cook and party and get PAID to do it! The products are great ones that I use many times a day in my kitchen. I have built friendships with other consultants and hosts as well. Give it a try. The worst that can happen is you get some great things for your own kitchen at a great price!

guest, Mar 22, 11:56am
The accident of finding this post has britngehed my day