BEST BREAD RECIPE?

ratherbefishin, Mar 28, 5:05pm
I have always failed, anyone got a recipe that is male proof! Countdown have made bread so dear now it's viable for me to make at home.so anyone got a foolproof recipte please. Wholemeal if that makes any diff.

pickles7, Mar 28, 7:36pm
My husband likes this bread, he has given up all white bread now.
Bin Inn, has all the ingredients.
Vogel like bread No kneading.
Mix up ingredients and let time do the kneading for you. Only requires a few minutes hands on time, but requires forward planning as can take up to 24 hours before its ready to bake.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cook time:45 to 55 minutes
Servings:2 loaf tins or 1 X 27 cm long,12.5 cm wide, 8.5 cm deep.
This bread stays fresh well, and will freeze

Ingredients:
½ cup kibbled wheat
¼ cup kibbled rye
4 cups high grade bread flour
1 cup whole meal flour
¼ cup rolled oats
½ cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp Quinoa
3 Tbsp flax seed
3 Tbsp chia seeds
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 Tbsp gluten
1/2 teaspoon instant yeast (yes thats right!)
3 teaspoons salt
2 & 1/4 cups cold water
1 cup of milk
1 tsp wine or cider vinegar

The tin I use is; 27 cm long,12.5 cm wide, 8.5 cm deep.
I did paint the tin with tin glide.
Tin glide:
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.

Directions:
Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well (seeds are all optional)
Add water and vinegar
Mix well until a shaggy dough forms.
Cover bowl and dough with a plastic bag and leave in a warm place in winter or on bench in summer for 12 -18 hours to rise. Leave for longer if cold weather, it needs to have bubbles forming on the top of the dough when ready
When dough is bubbly on top, stir and fold dough over on itself once or twice, using a silicone spatula. It is a very wet sticky dough.
Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
1. Using a spatula, gently shape dough into a ball, folding it over on itself, no kneading necessary.
2. Spoon the dough into the tin evenly. Tent the dough with a plastic bag, or up-turn a large plastic bowl over so as it dose not come in contact with the dough at all. Leave for at least 2 hours to near double in size.
3. Half an hour before dough is ready, heat oven to 220 deg C
5. Bake 45 to 55minutes . Remove from oven, tip bread onto a rack, cover with a tea towel and leave to cool. Do not slice until cool.
The quinoa and any of the seeds can be omitted, I prefer it with all of the seeds.

wendalls, Mar 29, 9:53am
Do a search for "bread thread" for juliewn's pages of recipes.

svx1, Mar 29, 8:24pm
Hi there pickles where do you get the gluten and if you dont have it what can you use instead!cheers

lx4000, Mar 29, 8:28pm
Easy Healthy No Knead Bread

1 Cup plain flour
1 Cup wholemeal flour
1 Cup rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp salt

Mix above dry together.

Mix wet together to dissolve.

1 Tsp honey
1 1/4 Cup warm water
2 tsp yeast

Add dry mix to wet mix.
Mix well.

Spray oil around loaf tin and add dough. You could also add baking paper after the oil if you wish. Spray top with oil and leave to rise for 30 or so mins.

Bake 180 for 35 to 40 mins.

Be warned! This IS A WET DOUGH !
I find if I wet my hands first, I can get the dough into the loaf tin without sticking to my hands.

I add sunflower seeds and raisins to the dry mix and its wonderful.
This one you Can Add What Ever To!
Good with garlic and herbs also which goes great with soup!

Easy as and fast, no kneading either!

flower-child01, Mar 29, 9:15pm
Bread is easy to conquer, I have the basic recipes as well as a way to contact me at http://kiwihippy.wordpress.com and I am more than happy to guide you through if you have any questions. Any basic bread mix can be adapted with different grains. I learnt my method from another male Jamie Oliver, and it is a lot easier to manage.

pickles7, Mar 29, 9:26pm
Bin Inn sells gluten, you could research using google to find a substitute for gluten. A pic of the bread can be seen in my blog.
http://jumpingjellybeans-jellybeans.blogspot.co.nz/

korbo, Mar 29, 10:21pm
Not sure if you want recipe for breadmaker, but here goes.
300ml warm water
2 tbls oil or butter
2 teasp sugar
1.1/2 teasp salt
3 cups flour, (any combination of white or wholemeal)
3 teaspn yeast from Red lid tin
2 tblespn of milk or milk powder.
put all in bucket in that order and press the buttons.

theboss17, Mar 29, 10:33pm
here is one for a male 3cups flour 3 teaspoon bp1 can beermix add any seedsherbsthat u wantput on baking tray 180 30 to 40 min an there you go