Easter lamb in the crackpot, can't wait

duckmoon, Mar 29, 8:45pm
Easter lamb in the crock pot, can't wait

Yes I know I am out of synch with the seasons, but it looks soooooooo goood already

duckmoon, Mar 29, 8:46pm
Opps, spelling mistake in title

dalkemade, Mar 29, 8:48pm
Hope you have the mint sauce!

angel404, Mar 29, 10:05pm
Im so immature but "crackpot" really made me laugh out loud.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 29, 10:49pm
I think of lamb at Easter too although that's more of a northern hemisphere tradition, being spring up there.
I'm slow-roasting a shoulder and really looking forward to it.

fifie, Mar 29, 10:51pm
Sounds yum ha i don't worry about the seasons either, ive got the xmas turkey thawing out, tomorrows plan is a family dinner of turkey and all the trimmings, with a shortcake & orange curd dessert topped with meringue and icecream, then a treasure hunt for the grandees for easter eggs.

duckmoon, Mar 30, 12:56am
Made me laugh too, then I started crying.

duckmoon, Mar 30, 12:57am
I agree. But I couldn't resist.

And it is smelling so good

sarahb5, Mar 30, 1:05am
Having ours on Monday - got a cheapy one from Pak n Save (only $9.98) but decided it was way too small with all of us home and there'd be no leftovers for Tuesday so bought another at Countdown this morning and used my One Card voucher to pay for it.Love roast lamb - I don't have a crockpot (although I have a few crackpots) so will slow roast it Greek-style in the oven with loads of garlic, rosemary and lemon juice.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 30, 1:23am

lythande1, Mar 30, 2:49am
Crockpot.hmmm.
Bought 1/2 sheep the other week though, made into roasts and racks. Already had stewing chops.

uli, Mar 30, 8:17am
Nobody cooks Easter bunny in red wine with bay leaves, thyme and rosemary!

holly-rocks, Mar 31, 1:44am
My cat came in with a wabbit this morning :D Does that count! He was very proud of himself! hehee

indy95, Mar 31, 5:05am
Enjoyed roast shoulder of lamb yesterday and it was delicious.

duckmoon, Mar 31, 5:13am
Have just had a cold lamb and mashed potato (that bit was heated) sandwich.
The condiment - an amazing gravy.

Yum yum

sarahb5, Mar 31, 6:25am
A woman after my hubby's heart (and my son's) although they would have mint sauce or mint jelly on it

toadfish, Mar 31, 6:25pm
Did you get the kidneys as well! We did with our whole sheep and am wondering what to do with them.

rainrain1, Mar 31, 6:55pm
You could halve and cook them as you do lambs fry, or add some with your lambs fry and bacon, or make a kidney stew with onion, and thickening the juices.that's how we eat them, the plain and simple way.
Kidney and onion stew on toast.yum!

sarahb5, Mar 31, 9:19pm
Devilled kidneys - delicious on toast .

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/517357