Microwave Cake

snoochies, Mar 30, 7:30am
Has anyone ever made banana cake in the microwave!
Our oven is bust, and we have way too many bananas in the freezer

nauru, Mar 30, 8:20am
You could try using bananas instead of zucchini in the following recipe:

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
125g butter
3/4 cup sugar
11/2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs
1/2 teasp each cinnamon & mixed spice
1/2 cup choc chips
3/4 cup cocoa
11/2 cups SR flour
1/4 cup plain yoghurt

Cream butter & sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat in between each egg. Add spices, zucchini, choc chips & yoghurt & mix well. Add cocoa and flour and mix. Put mixture into a prepared microwave cake pan. Bake in microwave on high for 8 minutes. Stand 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.

snoochies, Mar 30, 8:55am
Thank you for that :)

janeny1, Mar 30, 9:51pm
This is from the Edmonds microwave cookery book ( small size, silver front cover, ring bound)
125g butter, 1 cup castor sugar, 1 t vanilla essence, 3 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 1 t baking soda.1/4 cup warm milk, 2 cups flour, 2 t baking powder, icing sugar
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essense together until soft . peel and mash the bananas. Lightly beat the eggs. Combine the bananas and eggs. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture. Dissolve the soda in the milk. Add to the banana mixture. Sift flour and baking powder together. Fold into banana mixture, mixxing well. Lightly grease a 20cm microwave ring mould. Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with a paper towel. Cook elevated on Hi for 7 to 8 minutes or until cake looks just set on top. Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a cooling rack. When cool dust with icing sugar.

sarahb5, Mar 30, 10:27pm
I made that on Friday and cooked it in the oven - looks good and I've just given it a reasonably thick coating of chocolate icing and decorated it with sugar-coated mini eggs to take to our friends' BBQ tonight.I like the spiciness of it - not sure whether I will tell anyone what it is until they've eaten it.

nauru, Mar 31, 8:48am
Sarah5, it's a yummy cake and always popular in our family.The Grandies love it but we don't tell them about the zucchini, they only see the chocolate.Let me know how it went at your party.By the way how long did you bake it for in your oven!

sarahb5, Apr 2, 9:40am
Baked for about 35 minutes and ate it last night - was yummy, my kids have eaten it without knowing about the zucchini so I'm not going to tell them!