MINT JELLY RECIPE PLEASE

purpleangel11, Mar 20, 2:45am
Does anyone have a easy mint jelly recipe. I have heaps of mint to use. I've looked on the internet but the recipes look complicated & using apples as the setting agent. Is there a recipe using gelatine to set mixture.

245sam, Mar 20, 2:50am
Here you are purpleangel11.

From an earlier thread.

"MINT JELLY
3 cups sugar
1½ cups firmly packed mint leaves
1 cup white vinegar
¾ cup water
2 tablespoons gelatine, dissolved
in ¼ cup water
½ cup chopped mint leaves, extra

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, mint leaves, vinegar and water. Bring to boil on high, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir dissolved gelatine through. Strain, discarding mint leaves. Pour hot mixture into sterilised jars. Allow to cool until thickening, stir extra fresh chopped mint through. Seal well. Chill until required.

Quote flutterby08 (63 )12:59 pm, Sat 29 Sep #2":-))

cookessentials, Mar 20, 3:09am
Mint jelly recipe.

1 cup malt vinegar,
1 cup water,
2 tablespoons sugar,
4 teaspoons gelatine,
1 cup finely chopped fresh mint.

Bring vinegar, water and sugar to the boil, stirring till sugar is dissolved.
Boil a few minutes.
Sprinkle gelatine over a little cold water stand for a few minutes to soften then stir it into the vinegar mixture till it is dissolved.
Add the mint.
Remove from heat allow to cool but not set.
Spoon into small jars and cover.

An oldie ex Trademecooks, Don't know the original poster though.

Another variation.

Mint Jelly

1 Pkt lime jelly 1 cup boiling water 1/2 cup vinegar or to taste, 1 cup chopped mint. Pour into jars & store in fridge.
Posted bycampmum

Editing to add that Mint Jelly does last a while once opened if kept refrigerated, in my house - it does not last that long, LOL.

Cheers

Edited by valentino at 8:10 pm, Fri 30 Mar

valentino (535 )8:09 pm, Fri 30 Mar #3

purpleangel11, Mar 20, 3:46am
Thanks cookessentials that's awesome. Interesting about the lime jelly. Can you buy vegetable gelatine do you know!

vonkrum, Mar 20, 5:34am
Ive tried the recipe that 245sam put up.It was really yummy.Just like I remember Mint Jelly to taste like.I used a packet jelly though and it didn't set as much as I would have liked.I will use this again but try it using plain gelatine.Makes a nice mint sauce when its runny anyway.

dalkemade, Mar 20, 6:10am
I would think that Agar Agar would do the trick. Try an Asian store.