Stuffed pepper recipes

stefanie, Mar 25, 3:14am
Hi, I just made 2 batches of stuffed peppers over the weekend. One with meat (and bread) and the other with meat and rice. I got another 6 peppers and would like to try something different. Do you have any tried recipe for me!

ruby19, Mar 25, 7:22am
I used nz sweeties, long peppers, and did not tie up with string just wrapped individually in foil.

2 tbsp olive oil
50g pine nuts ( I used alomds as it was what I had)
140g long grain rice
2 garlic cloves , chopped
350g vegetable stock ( vegata)
1 bunch spring onions sliced thinly
140g cherry tomatoes , halved
150g ball mozzarella , chopped ( I used edam)
140g gorgonzola( I used creamy blue)
handful each of parsley and basil , chopped
3 red and 3 yellow peppers
seasoning

string , for tying

Make the stuffing: heat the oil in a medium pan with a lid and fry the pine nuts until lightly toasted, then add the rice and fry until the grains are glossy. Stir in the garlic, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the rice is tender.Remove from the heat, cool slightly and stir in the spring onions, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, gorgonzola and fresh herbs. Season well and leave to cool.
Stuff the peppers: cut around the stalk from one pepper, remove and set aside. Make one slit down the length of the pepper and open out gently. Remove the seeds and membrane.
Spoon some filling into the pepper cavity, taking care not to overfill.
Take about a metre length of kitchen string and wrap the centre point several times around the pepper stalk, tying it firmly.
Top with the stalk and wrap the ends of the string several times around the pepper to secure the filling. Tie the ends in a knot.Repeat with the other peppers.
Barbecue the stuffed peppers over moderate heat for 15-20 minutes, turning gently until the peppers are evenly browned. Don't worry if the string chars and if the peppers split too much - wrap them in a piece of foil and finish cooking in the foil wrappers.

stefanie, Mar 25, 8:28pm
Thanks ruby19, that sounds delicious.

garfeild101, Mar 26, 6:52am
Hey OP just wanting to know your basic ingredients for the 2 types you already made! =)

stefanie, Mar 26, 7:20pm
Hi, for the meat stuffing:
1 large onion chopped, 1-3 cloves of garlic and chopped pepper 'lids' fried in butter. Cool and mix with prime beef mince, lots of seasoning. About 1 stale bread roll (per 500 g meat), soaked and squeezed and 1 raw egg, beaten.
I pour about 2 cans of Wattie's condensed tomato soup over them with a bit of water, but we also use chopped tomatoes and stock. I cook it at 180-200C for about 45-50 minutes

for the meat and rice stuffing:
I do the same as the meat only stuffing, onion, garlic and pepper lids, add the mince to the pan, lots of seasoning.I cook it thoroughly and then ad cooked (cold) rice, about 1/3 rice to 2/3 meat. I also bind with a beaten egg and cook it for about 40 minutes on 180C. Same tomato/wine/stock sauce.