Luisa plums make beautiful jam

dibble35, Mar 17, 6:31am
My sister gave me a jar of jam she had made, tastes devine, and a gorgous goldy apricot colour, gets my vote for best plum jam i've tasted. Then again they are so yummy to eat i dont think id ever have enough left over to make jam

davidt4, Mar 17, 6:47am
They are beautiful plums, aren't they.I don't make jam, but I stuff them with a Sicilian mixture of almonds, cocoa and brandy and they are wonderful served hot, cold or tepid.

uli, Mar 17, 7:32am
Is that raw davidt4!
Or do you bake them!

davidt4, Mar 17, 8:48am
Baked.I haven't got time to put up the recipe now but will send it to you next week.Luisas hold their shape really well and are idealfor stuffing.

uli, Mar 18, 5:10am
Looking forward to that thanks davidt4 :)

davidt4, Mar 20, 5:07am
x1
In case anyone else is interested, here's a recipe for stuffed plums and peaches:

Sicilian Stuffed Peaches/Plums

serves6 - 8

6 free-stone peaches(or equivalent quantity of free-stone plums)
1 tab currants
2 tsp brandy
30g flaked almonds
50g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon powder
40g soft butter

Soak currants in brandy 20 minutes.Meanwhile use a little of the butter to cover the base of a baking dish large enough to hold the halved peaches in one layer.

Heat oven to 200C.

Mix in a small bowl the almonds, sugar, yolks, cocoa, cinnamon and the rest of the butter.

Halve the peaches, remove the stones, enlarge to cavity a little by cutting out a thin layer of flesh.Chop the flesh and add to the almond mixture along with the currants.

Arrange the peaches cut side up in the baking dish, fill the cavities with the mixture.Bake 25 - 30 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the peaches are tender but not collapsing.

Serve warm or cool with lots of whipped cream.