When chicken is cooked, where is the best

simber1, Mar 18, 8:46am
method for the cooling down process, on the bench covered or in a fridge,Thanks

fisherlures, Mar 18, 9:28am
I like to leave it on the bench covered in foil. I presume you are going to use it straight away.otherwise in the fridge.

lilyfield, Mar 18, 6:08pm
You should never put hot food in the fridge. Cool down first then chill

pickles7, Mar 18, 6:41pm
As above.Never !
Don't leave it in foil to cool down, foil will keep the heat in.
Use a fan to cool the chicken down faster, check the internal temp. has come down before placing the chicken in the fridge.

fisherlures, Mar 26, 4:52am
Use foil after it is cooked. chicken is a meat and NEEDS TO REST just like any other MEAT.once its cooled down either use it or put in fridge.
pickles7is once again wrong.!Cool it down with a fanso funny.

indy95, Mar 26, 11:10pm
Pickles7 is absolutely right. Covering a cooked chicken with foil will keep the heat in and it will take longer to cool. It can be covered loosely with paper towels or a piece of baking or greaseproof paper or a clean teatowel and placed where it will cool as quickly as possible. If pickles7 chooses to use a fan, presumably electric, to cool food quickly he or she is entitled to do so.

twindizzy, Mar 26, 11:31pm
Who the heck does this! A fan and a thermometer!

elliehen, Mar 26, 11:37pm
Someone who once had a cafe and was subject to OSH regulations!

lythande1, Mar 27, 2:00am
When food sits at temperatures between 40°F and 140°F, harmful bacteria have a better chance of developing. To avoid food poisoning, it's important to cool food safely:

Chill cooked foods as soon as possible. It used to be thought that putting hot foods in the fridge could promote bacteria growth, but experts now believe it is safer to refrigerate or freeze foods immediately, rather than letting them cool at room temperature. Keep your fridge at 40°F or cooler.

Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/tipstools/tips/2008/04/how_to_safely_cool_down_foods#ixzz2OhYQYYVJ

marblicious, Mar 27, 2:09am
x1
LOL Can you please tell us all what OSH has to do with food safety!

elliehen, Mar 27, 2:20am

twindizzy, Mar 27, 2:25am
This whole chicken paranoia is ridiculous.

I regularly leave mine in the oven to cool, then pick at it the next day or reheat without ever using the fridge unless it's going to be eaten the day after that.I have, nor has any of my family EVER got sick.

gilligee, Mar 27, 3:24am
Why did we ever get rid of safes!
They were perfect for this sort of thing.

elliehen, Mar 27, 3:36am
Fortunately vegetarians don't have chicken paranoia (unless it's about caged birds) but I would like a safe for that inbetween place between stove/bench and fridge/freezer.

gilligee, Mar 27, 3:55am
My sister has just built a new house and she had one installed in her lovely new kitchen.

sarahb5, Mar 27, 7:34am
I leave mine to cool in the microwave - I don't like the idea of a hot chicken being left to cool on the bench whether it's covered or not because my cat would eat it so I put it in the microwave so it's covered but put away.

j3rrzcixtb, Jul 13, 5:05pm
itsmissraine / Hi David! I just want to let you know that you were amazing in Nandito Ako and we Filipinos love you! I love your reiintdon of Forevermore and I'm looking forward to more of your songs in 2014! We hope that you'll be back to visit us again! Keep safe and God bless you! :)

r54jfkvvdoho, Jul 14, 11:02am
PaleBlueDot - not sure why it's not fitting your Mac srecen as it seems to be OK on others it's on a standard WordPress.com layout designed to work across most types of kit- apparently the next page button is available only on our blog pages & this carbon data page is a fixed page & isn't a blog page as such (hope that makes sense)Many thanks for the feedback again

pwhvmerbdj, Jul 16, 10:52am
- Happy Friday! The last time I was at your blog I thought you both lkooed familiar and I think it was because I saw you two photographing a Christening at Corpus Christi. Anyhow, have a great weekend!April 16, 2010 7:40 am