Recipe for Deep-Fried Oysters

carter441, Mar 18, 2:48am
I have some fresh bluff oysters and would like a recipe for a good batter please.Also, how long and at what temperature do I deep fry them please (I have a deep fryer)!

fifie, Mar 18, 5:04am
I do my bluff oysters inself raising flour, pinch salt, real cold water out of the fridge to mix till batter justruns off the back of a spoon. Drain juice off oysters add to batter, have fryer at 170d drop your oysters in ( NO Basket as batter will stick to it here ) with slotted tefal spoon check none have slipped under element and fry till just turning colour remove drain put on a plate with paper towel to go cold.Scoop bits out to clean fryer. Dinner time turn fryer up to 190d throw all your oysters in the basket and fry till golden and crisp dosen't take long, double cooking makes them lovely and crispy. Enjoy they are big fat juicey ones this year and are yummy.

flower-child01, Mar 18, 7:56am
I use a batter recipe in the edmonds book. Yum bluff oyster, want to share lol.

fisherlures, Mar 18, 9:32am
hey fifie. I do exactly that as well.:}}scallops ,fish, mussels etc all the same way.simple, nice thin crisp batter.
It's the only way i like oysters because dont like the texture when raw.

elliehen, Mar 18, 9:43am
Hi fisher.lures :)Every now and then someone calls out for you and you haven't been around to answer so they're directed to your website.

fifie, Mar 18, 9:25pm
Hello fisher, how are you! loving these oysters raw, or cooked, we are so lucky in the deep south with the selection of nice fresh fish we get its all good.