I have a jar of Preserved Ginger lurking .

nfh1, Mar 15, 4:07am
in the cupboard.I am not a lover of cakes and don't know what to do with it.Any ideas please!Could I use it in a savoury dish, salad or something else!

elliehen, Mar 15, 4:28am
Until someone else comes along, here are some good ideas :)

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/601768

geldof, Mar 15, 5:57am
do you mean preserved ginger or ginger preserves!

I love chopped preserved ginger in rice salads.

cgvl, Mar 15, 6:48am
dip it in chocolate my favourite or just as it is. Use on a platter with cheese's and fruit.
I have to put mine in a container and hide it in the back of the cupboard otherwise I would just sit and eat it as is.

nfh1, Mar 15, 7:03am
It is preserved ginger geldof.Have no idea why I bought it but feel it is time it was used.

Would I do anything with it to put it in a salad or just straight out of the jar!

nfh1, Mar 15, 7:04am
Wow, I had no idea I could use it in so many ways, perhaps I should have bought two jars.Thank you.

nfh1, Mar 15, 7:05am
How interesting, I thought I would have to make some elaborate recipe!I will open it tomorrow and taste it.

sarahb5, Mar 15, 9:18am
My mum chops it up and puts it on vanilla ice cream

cgvl, Mar 16, 2:13am
I buy mine for baking or using in jams and marmalade and as a kid my mother used to buy it for the same purpose. But always needed to buy two packets, one to eat and one for whatever she was planning on making.
Just love it as is, we kids used to sneak pieces as she chopped it up. Hence why I now have to hide it.