Baked potatoes

legolas_, Feb 17, 1:34am
simple recipes for baked potatoes please. I have a really fussy eater so please just basic stuff but tasty. thanks

auntlb, Feb 17, 2:00am
Cheese & Bacon
Ham, cheese & pineapple
Baked beans, sour cream on top
brocolli, ham, cauliflower, & any other vege mixed with a cheese sauce

esther-anne, Feb 17, 2:16am
We like them plain - with a knob of butter or a dollop of sour cream and ground black pepper only.I don't think it's necessary to fill them with all sorts of things - the taste of the potato is sufficient, especially the lovely large Agria I am using at the moment.Just my opinion of course.

ruby2shoes, Feb 17, 2:29am
I take out the baked potato innards, mash it with stuff like parlsey, cheese, black pepper, tomato, butter, and pile it back in there.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 2:31am
Depends if you like them with a crisppy outside and soft in the middle. Wash and dry potato pierce with a fork and sit directly on oven shelf and bake at around 170 until cooked. Take out ( carefully) in clean tea, towel, cut a slit X in the top and squeeze sides together, the top will splay open, then add butter and a little salt and pepper. Some people like sour cream on the top too. You can also do them in tin foil in the oven as well.

legolas_, Feb 17, 5:26am
thanks for that guys, that will help alot

fisherlures, Feb 17, 12:09pm
Scrub up a couple of large spuds .slice 2/3rd of the way through lengthways,,,place two green bay leaves inside each slice.smear with olive oil. sprinkle of salt on each and into oven (180c) until golden brown on top.
about 60 odd mins maybe little more.test with skewer.
Serve after removing bay leaves and a dollop of sour cream in the gap.

legolas_, Feb 17, 7:49pm
hey another problem, how do you get the potatoe out of the jacket if you want to stuff them! i seem to make a real hash of it lol.

lx4000, Feb 17, 7:57pm
Cut the top off and scoop out with a teaspoon. Wait a bit for the spuds to cool off or use a teatowel to hold them.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 8:44pm
Loving the new name!

fisherlures, Feb 19, 10:51pm
Hi cookie. cheers. making fishing lures now.