How do you make saveloy soup?

Page 1 / 2
wayne472, Feb 17, 11:59pm
The missus made A pot of saveloy soup,to start it had four savs in it,she ate the savs and told me I could have the soup she made,I had it for dinner with some rice sandwiches it wasn't too bad at all!
I was just wondering if anyone has A recipe for it!

vintagekitty, Feb 18, 12:04am
are you serious, like boiled water, or was there other stuff in it!, saveloys are the big red sausages yeah!

beebs, Feb 18, 12:11am
dad used to have saveloy soup as a kid with bread, savs for lunch and the water they were cooked in (sav soup) for tea.

rainrain1, Feb 18, 12:49am
chuckle

propagator, Feb 18, 1:02am
Is it 1st April already!

lythande1, Feb 18, 1:04am
Sav soup. Rice sandwiches. Right. Health freaks.I don't know.

retired, Feb 18, 1:06am
Shudder!

pickles7, Feb 18, 1:25am
Just pray she doesn't run out of savs

wayne472, Feb 18, 4:11am
Well that's enough of the saveloy soup for just now!
We are now having very cold loopy soup it comes in A little green bottle its very fizzy and most tasty!

Any one for loopy soup!--Cheers!

uli, Feb 18, 4:15am
Love it wayne:
"I eat when I'm hungry and drink when I'm dry and if that don't kill me I'll live till I die!"

wayne472, Feb 18, 4:30am
Quite right there uli, what else can us mere peasants but do!

wayne472, Feb 18, 4:32am
Nothing wrong with it!

When we were kids the cocoa was made we tipped it on the porridge it tasted quite good!

wayne472, Feb 18, 6:11am
Nows there is A thought! Mmmmm

vinee, Feb 18, 6:13am
*sneaks in to say.*
saveloy boil up - nothing wrong with it.Good student grub.
spuds, onion, cabbage, carrot etc, a tin of tomatoes and some chopped savs, It has a nice "smokey" flavour that you can only get from that artificially coloured/flavoured meat-ette stick.

samanya, Feb 18, 6:14am
Ha ha ha ha .bored ------->>>> over yonder, wayne!

martine5, Feb 18, 6:34am
Mate she doesn't love you anymore!

wayne472, Feb 18, 6:46am
No not really samanya!
How about you on the other side of hill!
<<<<<<<---
---------- Shake rattle and roll!

wayne472, Feb 18, 6:47am
Well she ate the bloomen savs!

samanya, Feb 18, 7:34am
All good, for the moment.
Mind you, some of the first bigger quakes I ever felt,were in your town (lived there for a while about 20 years ago).
Loved the area .keep it a secret! ;o)

clevercloggs, Feb 18, 7:55am
Just shows you how spoilt we've become with all the choices re food these days. I used to love putting thick sweet porridge on buttered toast for breaky, actually still do if hubby's not around.

uli, Feb 18, 8:19am
I thought it was chips on toast with margarine and marmite clevercloggs!
Or is that dinner!

uli, Feb 18, 8:19am
I know it is hardship all this peasantery :)

kevindnz1, Feb 18, 8:59am
You guys are great, Havent laughedso much for a long time. Maybe we should rename this page.

usualsuspect, Feb 18, 11:45am
for a change from just sav soup add some salt and have a big glass of water cause the soup will be even more salty than without the salt.you could try pepper too but you dont want to drown the taste of the savs in the soup.it all sounds erm wonderful.

ETA i just remembered from long long ago I had a flatmate who went out and spent the weeks food money on savs.apparently it was a good deal.we had savs stuffed into the fridge seriously it was packed, that flatmate used to eat them straight from the fridge.man they were there for what seemed like weeks.i had forgotten all about that.thanks for the walk down memory lane OP

beaker59, Feb 19, 7:51am
Have to admit to a weak spot for vegemite and chip sandwiches :)

Growing up in the sixties in NZ having those in your lunchbox meant Mum was happy with something you did.

Edit to add: Uli what would the equivalent have been in your childhood. A nice piece of strudel perhaps.