Brown sugar.

survivorr, Feb 21, 4:14pm
What can I bake!

lilyfield, Feb 21, 6:15pm
Anything that uses white sugar,,
Not pavlova
Or sponges

245sam, Feb 21, 8:37pm
I agree re the sponges but there are recipes for brown sugar pavlovas.
What type of baking do you want to make/have, survivorr - cake, slice, biscuits, loaf.! and what other ingredients do you have availablee.g. nuts, cocoa, chocolate!I assume that you must obviously have the basics i.e. butter, eggs, flour, etc.:-))

donnabeth, Feb 21, 11:03pm
Toffe sauce and sticky date pudding. Yum, first frost here this morning-good excuse for a winter pudding.

cookiebarrel, Feb 22, 3:52am
Meany.I am soooo envious of you.Autumn must really be coming.

uli, Feb 22, 5:54am
Good God! First frost!

I just sowed the last lot of bush beans and cucumbers last week and planted some more courgettes today.

survivorr, Feb 22, 8:12am
Yes - have all the basics.Probably biscuit type stuff.I bought it months and months ago - don't know what for - and now just want to use it up.Preferably something I could take to work (for everyone not me).

245sam, Feb 22, 10:17am
survivor, many Chocolate Chip biscuit/cookie recipes have brown sugar but usually only about ½ cup so here’s a few recipes for biscuits with larger brown sugar quantities – these recipes are from the former Trademe Cooks

“Belgian Biscuits
1 cup brown sugar-packed, 200gr butter, 1 lg egg, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp mixed spice, 2 tsp cream of tartar, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 cups flour. Cream butter & sugar until light &creamy. Add egg & spices mix well. add rest of dry ingredients. Mix well. Turn out onto floured board & form into 3 sausage shaped rolls., about 5 cm in diameter. Chill in fridge or freezer until firm enough to cut into thin slices. Each roll should make approx 30. Bake 180*C for 10 mins. Fill with raspberry icing or raspberry jam

Bulk Refrigerator Biscuits
Makes 100 (depends how thick you slice the mixture of course) 250g butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspn vanilla, 2 eggs, 4 cups flour, ¼ cup cornflour, 1 tblspn baking powder, ½ teaspn salt. Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix dry ingredients together and work into the creamed mixture. Divide dough in ¼ s and add any of the following: - ½ cup coconut - OR - 1 tblspn cocoa - OR - ½ cup cornflakes - OR - ½ cup currants or sultanas - OR - almond essence and top each biscuit with an almond. Form into 4 rolls, wrap in foil and freeze. Chill first if too soft to handle. Thaw until soft enough to slice. Cut into 1 cm slices. Place on greased baking tray. 180C about 15 mins

Caramello Chocolate Cookies
1 egg;150g brown sugar;60ml vegetable oil;75g plain flour;50g self raising flour;1/4 tsp baking soda;100g dark choc,melted;250g caramello chocolate squares. Preheat oven to moderate.Lightly grease two oven trays. Beat egg,sugar & oil in small bowl with electric mixer until mixer changes in colour. Stir in sifted dry ingredients and dark chocolate;stir until mixture becomes firm. Centre one square of caramello choc on 1 heaped tsp of choc mixture;roll into ball,enclosing caramello square. Place balls on prepared trays,allowing 6cm between each cookie. Bake in mod oven about 10 mins. Stand cookies 5 mins;transfer to wire racks to cool. Makes 24

Refrigerator Biscuits-Makes 6 dozen!
This dough can me stored,wrapped in freezer for months.Also can be stored for up to two weeks in fridge. 185g butter;1 cup firmly packed brown sugar;1 egg;1 tsp vanilla;2 1/4 cups flour;1/2 tsp salt;1/2 tsp baking powder.Cream butter & sugar,add egg and vanilla,beat well.Sift fliour,salt & b.p.Stir into creamed mix.Wrap in plastic wrap or foil,freeze until needed. Slice thinly Put on a baking tray and bake in pre heated mod oven for 7-10 mins.Can be decorated with cherries or almonds or brushed with egg white and sprinkled with sugar before baking.”:-))

245sam, Feb 22, 10:23am
continued from#8
"Gingerbread Men
Cream 1/2lb butter with 1lb brown sugar, add 2 eggs, 4Tbs golden syrup, 4C flour, 4tsp ginger, 2tsp baking powder. Roll out thinly, cut out with a 'gingerbread man' cutter. Bake 5-10 min at 350deg F . Use currants for eyes, mouth, etc or pipe with icing. This is from an old cookbook so hope you can understand quantities alright.
posted by winnie231

Melt & Mix Choc Chippies
2C flour,1/2tsp baking soda,1/2tsp salt,185g butter-melted,1C brown sugar,1tsp vanilla,1 egg,1C choc chips . Sift flour,baking soda & salt into a bowl.Beat together melted butter,sugar,egg & vanilla. Add to flour,etc along with choc chips & mix well.Place balls on lined tray.Flatten with a fork & bake 170C 12-15 mins.
posted by winnie231

Chocolate Chip Cookies
200g butter or margarine 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 1 cup choc chips 3 cups flour 1 egg 1/2tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda Cream butter and sugars, add remaining ingredients, mix to combine. Roll into small balls and place on baking tray. Squash with fork and bake 180* for 12-15 minutes.
posted by pam.delilah

Your way Cookies
125g chopped soft butter, 1 ½ c self raising flour, ¾ c brown /white sugar, 1 egg, 1 ½ c choc buttons, chunks,/ bits/ M&Ms/ dried fruit(chopped)/ coconut, etc,1tP vanilla essence Method: Preheat oven to 180°C , chop butter into to sugar to form a crumbly texture add the egg and vanilla essence. Mix to combine and gently fold in choc buttons, chunks, bits, m&ms, dried fruit(chopped), coconut etc. Roll into walnut sized balls and flatten on a baking paper lined baking sheet, flatten gently with a fork (just to make the lines) and cook for 15 – 20 mins.
posted by pam.delilah":-))