Slice recipes

sikofstuf, Feb 15, 9:42am
Hi there! I'm about to reopen my cake shop (new venue) and I'm thinking of having homemade slices. Has anyone got any really great slice recipes- something different than normal, "caramel slice" types! I'm thinking things like zesty lemon, or oaty caramel. (I'm already doing white and dark choc fudge slice, carameliscious slice, and cheesecake cookie dough slice- just need something else!) Tia.

paghan, Feb 15, 9:28pm
Oh could you share your white and dark choc fudge slice!
If you type in keyword "slices"and change date posted to "last year" there are heaps of slice recipes there.

sikofstuf, Feb 16, 12:46am
Thank you! ;-) yep, I'll dig it out- we just shifted a few weeks ago, and things are still packed away in boxes- waiting for the shop opening! Lol *sigh* one of the things on this weeks 'to do' list! Lol

cookessentials, Feb 16, 12:56am
Chocolate & Raspberry Brownies
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
200g thick reduced fat vanilla yogurt
120g apple puree
200g fresh or frozen raspberries
icing sugar, to dust
Fresh berries, to serve
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 30cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.

Sift the flours, bi-carb soda and cocoa into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and yogurt in a large jug.

Add the flours and mix until smooth. Fold through the apple puree and raspberries.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for thirty minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.

cookessentials, Feb 16, 1:00am
Apricot Bakewell Slice

200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 cup apricot jam, warmed
200g butter, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup self raising flour
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup flaked almonds

Preheat the oven to moderate 180C or 160C fan-forced. Grease and line a 20x30cm slice tin.

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg. Sift in flour and stir until combined. Press into prepared tin; smooth out with a spatula and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.

Spread jam over the base.

Beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs. Fold through flour and almond meal. Drop spoonfuls of mixture all over jam. Using a spatula, gently spread over the top of the jam. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 1 hour or until golden and topping cooked through.

wendalls, Feb 16, 3:31am
Orange chocolate uncooked i think. Zest in the base. Juice in icing. Just gorgeous. May need to be fridged tho.

bridget107, Feb 16, 5:07am
Lots of slice recipes on my blog: http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/ :-)

connor2003, Feb 16, 6:10am
American Chocolate Fingers

250g butter; 3c flour; 250g brown sugar; 2 tsp baking powder; 2 beaten eggs; 2 tbsp cocoa

Mix together and press half the mix into a greased long sandwich tin. Spread with the following: beat the white of 1 egg, add 1 tbsp caster sugar, 1c coconut, and ¼c milk. Press remainder of cake mix on top and bake 20 minutes in moderate oven. Ice with chocolate icing and cut into fingers.

sikofstuf, Feb 16, 10:46am
Thank you so very much everyone!

macwood2, Feb 17, 8:56am
would love the carmelicious slice and the white and dark choc fudge for that matter!

bev00, Feb 24, 4:36am
Macadamia Caramel Slice Julie Le Clerc
1 cup plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
1cup firmly packed brown sugar
125g butter, melted
395g can sweetened condensed milk
30g butter, extra
2 tablespoons golden syrup
¾ cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
250g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
50g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 180C
Line a 17cm x 27cm slice tin with baking paper
Combine flour, baking powder, oats and sugar in a bowl, then make a well in the centre
Add melted butter to the well and stir to combine
Press mixture evenly over the base of the tin and bake for 15 minutes
At the same time, place condensed milk, extra butter and syrup in a saucepan over a low heat
Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously so the mix does not catch and burn, until golden brown
Quickly pour over base, smoothing with a spatula
Press macadamias into the caramel, then bake for 10 minutes
Remove to cool
In a clean saucepan over a low heat, melt white chocolate with 2 tablespoons oil
In another small saucepan, melt dark chocolate with 1 teaspoon oil
Stir both mixes till smooth
Spread white chocolate over surface of caramel to completely cover, then drop big dollops of dark chocolate over surface
Using the end of a skewer and working quickly, make swirly patterns in the chocolate topping
Leave at room temperature to set

Edited by griffo4 at 7:24 pm, Fri 24 Feb

griffo4 (223 )7:23 pm, Fri 24 Feb #4