How to cook venison roasts

cottagerose, Feb 24, 8:22am
I have been given 4 venison roasts but have never cooked it before. Any help would be appreciated thankyou.
I wondered about cooking in a roasting bag

chevcamaro, Feb 25, 1:35am
step away from the venison, give me your address, i will have hazardous venison on your step shortly we willhave allthe hazardous product removed to a place so i can sit back and enjoy it,
or you could just roast them gently rest them well, i'm a rare venison type personwhy charcoal something just cause it's dead,
the nicest meat around, it loves herbs and spices just depends what you like, ie, sage, fennell, rosemary, thyme, or just plain old salt n pepper, very versatile
roasting bag will be fine, give it a good seasoning then pan fry to seal then in a bag and into a moderate oven , don't overcook and be sure to rest it well

donna23, Feb 25, 7:50pm
Marinate overnight in coca cola (yes), drain, and roast in oven bag. I am not a venison fan but have cooked it this way quite a few times and the venison eaters say it is delicious.

jag5, Feb 25, 8:29pm
long .really long.at a low temperature and must be pink in the middle still.

mudguts2, Feb 25, 9:52pm
Venison doesnt need alot of cooking or will end up very dry.
We have given up on roasting it and just cut it into steaks.

beaker59, Feb 25, 9:54pm
Same or mince then fry as patties. Had a very nice plain stew last night of venison it was absolutely delicious.

beaker59, Feb 25, 9:55pm
Now that would take allot of skill I am interested to hear how you cook it long and slow yet still keep it pink in the middle.

mumstu, Feb 25, 10:06pm
You can always pot roast it! I do that often.Brown well in a frying pan on all sides.

Place in slow cooker with sliced onions and carrots.

Add a but if water to frying pan you browned the meat in and remove all that yummy browning off the pan and add to slow cooker.Add water to 1/2 way up the sides of the roast and let the slow cooker do its thing.

When cooked remove some of the juices and make into gravy.mmmmmm

jag5, Feb 26, 3:06am
We had some at a restuarant a while ago.not a roast, but the chef said he cooks it at about 50-75 degrees for several hours.so oven is really low.it was the best venison I have ever had.so melt in the mouth.

cottagerose, Feb 26, 3:25am
Thankyou everyone. Im going to try chevmanaros and Donnas as I have 4 roasts but the promise of plenty more.
Im not a huge fan of wild game so like the idea of the coke/herbs and spices.
I like the idea of pot roast too