Fudge Slice Recipe

gsdz4me, Apr 27, 5:36am
I have a fudge slice recipe that uses condensed milk but recently I am not having a lot of success with it. Does anyone have one that uses sugar rather than condensed milk as I would like to give that a go?

hezwez, Apr 27, 5:58am
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. I double the recipe and bake in a roasting pan.
Club Fudge
170g butter
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
30g golden syrup
1 cup coconut
2 cups flour
Melt butter and golden syrup, stir in the sugar, coconut, flour and cocoa. Press into a flat greased tin and bake mod oven for 10 to 15 minutes. mark while warm, ice when cold, and it's nice with a drop of peppermint essence in the icing. Sprinkle with coconut.
It's easy peasy ~ I love one pot recipes ~ and the family all liked it.

245sam, Apr 27, 6:11am
gsdz4me, I'm assuming that you're wanting a no-bake fudge slice, in which case I personally recommend the second recipe on this link:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=70357

gsdz4me, Apr 28, 5:15am
Thanks for those, it is a non bake one but I looked at the non bake recipe in the link and it has an egg in it. I did not think it used an egg. The one I do with the condensed milk is not setting. I used to make it ages ago with no problems but after finding the recipe recently, when I make it now it just does not want to set. I am not sure if something in the ingredients has changed like the condensed milk or the pkt of biscuits. It has me stumped. Unless I store it in the fridge it becomes too sticky (never had to store that way before, just an air tight container would do) and I want to add it to my lunch box.

doobadoba, Apr 28, 5:21am
perhaps the biscuit people have changed the amount of biscuits in a packet. I would try adding more (a bit of trial and error)the condenced milk fudge slice is really yummy! I do half wine biscuits and half malt biscuits mmmmm

gsdz4me, Apr 28, 5:53am
I did wonder that too. After all the recipe only says 1 pkt biscuits. So I guess it will be back to trial and error. Yes it is yummy and normally so easy to do.

snapit, Apr 28, 7:00am
Reduced size of biscuit packet would be my thoughts also.
The other thought, are you using lite condensed milk as that may also have an effect on the non setting. .

gsdz4me, Apr 28, 8:54am
No not lite condensed milk but my other thought was that something had changed in that. I have just done a batch using a pkt of budget biscuits so will see how it goes, looks promising except it looks like too many biscuits. Maybe I need to spend a little and get the Griffins wine biscuits :-)

louboutin_homme, Apr 13, 4:50pm
louboutin paris
louboutin homme http://pascherlouboutinchaussuress.webs.com/

just_jackie, May 3, 9:46pm
Hi.Can you give me the recipe for Fudge cake with condensed milk please it sounds good

guest, Mar 21, 9:46am
Gospoda milie, kommentatori )Citau vahi keomnti i prosto jal vas. Vladimir Cesler genialnii celovek, i za svou jizn sdelal stolko hedevrov, cho vam, s takimi gnilimi stihkami do nego nikogda ne dotianut.Prejde chem pisat podobnuu cuh, oznakomtes s tvorchestvom i istoriei xudojnika, a potom brijjite slunoi.Vi poxoji na Mosek kotorie laiat na slona Statia slabovataia, skuchnovataia .. s etim soglahusNo shto u Vas, uvajaemii MAPKC, vizvalo takuu agressiu mne, po pravde, ne poniat.K svedeniu : Vladimir delal oformlenie k ubileinomu sobraniu albomov Mahina Vremeni mojet vi skajete cho i Makarevich nedoumok i degenerat ?

guest, Mar 24, 1:18am
Hey All, Great Website!Planking has been around for a while now, it citraenly has been in England. I'm glad america has caught up with the craze' p.s. isn't the i' prefix copywrite of apple? i dunno, it might be alright but they seem the sorta people who'd sue anyone all the best