Old milk/cream bottles and crate

dibble35, Feb 28, 6:11am
I was cleaning out my dads rental property today and found a milk cratewith some milk bottles and cream bottles, gee they brought back some memories. .04c a pint when I first remember and then .10c a pint when I was at intermediate. I also found a cool old biscuit tin in the garage. really rusty but I love it, an old hand push mower and some vintage secateurs which i'm keeping. My dad looked at me funny when I brought home the milk bottles etc, I dont really want to keep them but dont want to chuck them either. then I saw on here people selling them for like $30+. hardcase.

lemming2, Feb 28, 10:04am
Wide mouth or narrow mouth! I used to be fascinated by my grandmother's widemouth bottles sealed with a cardboard disc. Ours were narrow mouth with a foil cap. Ah, memories.

dibble35, Feb 28, 6:54pm
Narrowmouth, cant remember the other kind. bit before my time i think.

marywea, Feb 28, 9:59pm
Dibble, is there a local museum you could donate them to!

linette1, Mar 1, 6:04am
People,wellthey seem to be young people use the old milk and cream bottles as vases.

dibble35, Mar 1, 7:32am
I dont know. slack aye. I think theres some sort of mueseum up at Maunu - Whangarei will hold onto them till I sort something out

chooky, Mar 1, 9:56am
I have a 2 bottle crate with a cream and a milk bottle in it and I put flowers in mine. Got a couple of glass flowers and hey look neat.