Girl Guide Biscuits.

wishbone66, Mar 4, 6:06am
where in Hastings can I buy some tomorrow, Tuesday!

valentino, Mar 4, 6:43am
http://guidebiscuits.org.nz/

and scroll down the webpage to the map then use the + to zoom into Hastings.

Editing to add that there are some recipes and using these biscuits as a base for say cheesecakes etc sounds great.

wishbone66, Mar 4, 6:52am
cheers, thank you.

valentino, Mar 4, 11:09pm
And just a general wee note to these biscuits.

Over the years, our girls were involved in selling these basic biscuits and we use to buy them bulk say at least a box or 3 then freeze them, just take one out at a time, allow to thaw naturally and are still like fresh when opened. That was in the old days, now-a-days, can be purchased as noted per the above website.

Cheers.

valentino, Mar 4, 11:29pm
Oh, another experimental coming up especially using those choc coated biscuits.

Trying to imagine using these as in that crumbed base for a cheesecake recipe given in the thread " Sara Lee Cheesecake".

Personally could be an ideal alternative for an extra taste but not over the top wise, hmmmm, still thinking but perhaps worthy of a try.

Cheers.

Editing spelling errors

angel404, Mar 5, 1:11am
I am selling some and am happy to post you some (or a box) if you want lol

bunny51, Mar 5, 1:15am
I've used the chocolate ones for slices etc when I haven't had any plain biscuits around and they work out well. And very chocolatey I guess if you are using them as a base for something then the other flavours would have to go well with chocolate.

valentino, Mar 5, 2:45am
I usually like my fresh fruity ones and quite often have a choc syrup or sauce with them in a dessert mainly strawberries. pineapple etc.

Just thinking that the choc part which will be all inclusive in the crumbing part may just break it enough so not to be over the top then one can say do half choc and half plain mix if it is too much, just a matter of trial and correction wise I suppose but the thought is there.

Cheers for your comment.

wishbone66, Mar 5, 7:37am
thanks everyone - managed to get some today from one of the shops in town.