Crumbed Bakery Meatballs

ba1972, Apr 26, 11:36pm
x2
I was in Hastings on the weekend and purchased 4 meatballs to my disgust they cost $12. 40, $3. 10 each so I though must have a go at making something similar, can't find a recipe on the net does anyone have one? Thanks

petal1955, Apr 27, 12:01am
RISSOLES/MEATBALLS

1 Large onion chopped and cooked in a little butter in the microwave

add that to a large mixing bowl

1 teaspoon of crushed garlic

1 teaspoon of fresh ginger

1 tablespoon of HP sauce or tomato sauce

good dash of worchester sauce

good dash of soya sauce

1 teaspoon dry mustard powder

also I add a small spoon ful of made mustard I use Coleman Hot English plus beef stock powder and any other you might like to add for flavour

1 tablespoons of brown sugar

1/2 -3/4 cup breadcrumbs

1 egg

500 grms of mince

Mix well and place in plastic bag in fridge overnight for all flavours tomix. Shape into patties/ballswith wet hands and fry.

I would roll in wholemeal breadcrumbs and fry in oil ... . to achieve the product you are looking for

korbo, Apr 27, 9:33am
where on earth did you pay that much. ? ?
do you mean raw meat ones, or cooked from a cafe.
that is outrageous price.
please let us know.

korbo, Apr 27, 9:34am
if you bought them already cooked from a cafe, I am pretty sure they are pre-done ones, that cafes buy in bulk from say places like toops. all cafes seem to have the same type and taste.

ba1972, Apr 28, 5:48am
from BJ's bakery in Hastings.

guest, May 15, 9:40am
I have been looking for this recipe for ages as well

guest, May 15, 10:10am
x1
Ingredients:
1kg of mince meat (or stewed beef)
1 large onion finely chopped (200g)
1 cup of milk (250ml)
6 tbsp of plain wheat flour (85g)
3 tbsp of finely chopped spring onions
2 tbsp of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp of ground cumin
2 tsp of sweet paprika
1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp of salt
A drizzle of Olive Oil

for breading:
2 whole eggs
2 cups of breadcrumb flour
3 tbsp of cold water
1 tbsp of cornflour

Preparation:
In a large pan, sweat the onions and then add the mince meat, ground cumin, sweet paprika and black pepper.
Stir all ingredients together and brown the meat. Once brown all over cover the pan and lower the fire. Leave it to cook for 10 mins
Set the meat aside to cool.
When the meat has cooled down slightly, transfer to a food processor and blitz until most of the beef has been broken down into a thick paste.
In a separe container, stir together the plain flour and the milk.
Transfer the beef paste back into the large pan over a high fire, pour in the flour and milk mixture, the salt and the Worcestershire Sauce and mix until the paste is consistent enough to hold form.
Let the mixture cool down completely and leave in the fridge for an hour. This will help it hold its form when being rolled into the croquette shapes.
The rolling, breading and frying:

Crack the 2 eggs into a shallow bowl and a drizzle of Olive Oil. Mix together the water and cornflour and add stir into the egg mixture
Remove the meat mixture from the fridge and shape with your hands into little rolls approximately 3

guest, May 15, 10:12am
x1
found it finally

tisha, Mar 7, 11:09am
x5
Leave BJ Bakery alone and the MeatBalls! you pay for Quality :):):) I know from asking around on Fb and had people comment from the top North to the bottom & they have never come across them, The Meatballs are a fav with everyone.