Quick desserts you can make with over

boston1964, Mar 7, 10:51pm
ripe bananas please.

pickles7, Mar 8, 12:00am
Banana salad

Main meal
Slice very ripe bananas, toss in a little lemon,juice. throw in a handful or two coconut ribbons. [ usually a bulk food product.]
Dress with sour cream, loosened with milk.

Dessert
If any over from the main add pineapple pieces, marshmallow's, a bit of juice from the pineapple.

Dress with yogurt, for a lighter option.

norse_westie, Mar 8, 3:03am
If you have a Yonanas machine, freeze over ripe bananas and make a divine fat free icecream in seconds. Best machine I ever bought.

liamjosh, Mar 8, 3:45am

mumstu, Mar 8, 4:36am
This isnt exactly quick, but my kids used to love it.

Make a mixture of the banana cake recipe in the Edmonds Cook Book (or any one you use).

Spread into a casserole dish and mix up the chocolate sauce recipe from your favourite choc self saucing pudding recipe and pour over the banana cake mix.

You can either microwave or put this in the oven at 180oC for about 30 mins.

Yum.

nauru, Mar 8, 7:58am
You can also do that in a food processor,I do it quite often, it's yum.

norse_westie, Mar 9, 1:47am
I have never had a food processor. But a friend uses hers - its not as smooth and creamy but still quite good. She went and bought a yonanas after tasting the icecream from mine.

morrello1, Mar 9, 6:15am
I make the frozen banana soft serve ice cream in my food processor. You just have to keep on blending it for quite a while, beyond the icy stage + if it's really not turning into soft serve consistency I add a dessertspoonful of plain (easiyo type) yoghurt.

lumpster, Mar 9, 6:18am
banana pancakes mash ripe banana add mix with whisked egg and cook like pancakes yummy and healthy with a blob of yoghurt on top.
mash ripe banana add 1 cup oats shape into balls flatten and bake, yummy healthy cookies.