What a funky egg yolk seperator. I want one!

Page 2 / 3
bella95, Mar 7, 7:47am
That's how I do it too but, didn't know about the eggshell retrieval trick will absolutely try it next time. Genius elliehen.
I LOVE the chicken and would have loved to have one as I too dislike the feel of egg white. Have got used to it now as I've discovered that if I don't crush the egg shells they take years to compost.

kaddiew, Mar 7, 7:57am
That's the one I already posted a pic of in #19.Works extremely well.

olwen, Mar 7, 8:03am
In the early 1960's both at home and at school, the only method I learnt was to break the egg in half and tip the yolk from one side to the other.No other method seems right,Occasionally I use a plastic egg separator, but don't trust it.I collect each white then pour it into a bowl for beating,

elliehen, Mar 7, 9:31am
So you did, kaddiew - I missed it.With your recommendation, I must pick one up next time I see it.

pickles7, Mar 7, 9:32am
lol , you're not wronge there.

pickles7, Mar 7, 9:44am
It is personal attacks like this, that ruin threads.

buzzy110, Mar 7, 11:36am
Agreed. A question was asked and the response was personal, so unlike the question itself.

I'd have to say, for myself, that egg shells are what I was taught. They do not need to be washed, they are made from a natural product that does not harm the environment, and you get a nice, new, clean, disposable shell with every egg so the risk of bacteria build up from a dirty gadget is minimised. Eggs have such a reputation for giving people salmonella so I don't think I'd increase that risk by reusing a gadget over and over.

kaddiew, Mar 7, 7:40pm
Why would you assume people are reusing "dirty gadgets"! If there is a bacteria build up on an egg separating "gadget" after repeat washing, then doesn't this also apply to the knife you cut your raw chicken with!

elliehen, Mar 7, 8:01pm
Too much common sense there for some ;)

kaddiew, Mar 7, 8:26pm
OOPs!

avoking, Mar 7, 9:19pm
what a stupid comment. Another thing to clean! It takes longer to wash your hands properly after handling raw eggs. I sure hope you wash yours!

avoking, Mar 7, 9:22pm
Re MSN mostly lurk but uli's attackon her was so disgusting tm removed several of uli's posts when pulled the entire thread. Given what uli wrote MSNs post above is mild.

uli, Mar 7, 10:51pm
Where have I ever ridiculed you!
I have no idea what injuries you have.
I cannot even undestand half of the stuff you write like "and simply debt post your negative poop" .
You are making lots of very insulting posts here.
Please explain.

And I am sorry this is in a thread about egg separating gadgets - however I am having a guts full of these accusations against me on here all the time.

So explain yourself what your problem is.
The same goes for the poster above who seems to also have problems articulating what it is that riles her.

kay141, Mar 7, 10:58pm
Not an unusual occurrence. Some seem to be able to post what they like while others get censored.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 7, 11:00pm
Contrary to most opinion here - I love this gadget. Gotta have one!

elliehen, Mar 7, 11:45pm
Just select your favourite colour :)

http://www.yolkr.com/

Edited to add:And perhaps kick in to help with a bit of crowd source funding.

makespacenow, Mar 8, 12:07am
yes you have ridiculed and offended me on several occasions. Sadly I cannot quote as the thread was pulled. You even quoted my post before taking the piss.
Autocorrect fail in my post. Will leave it at that as I would have more luck with a brick wall than explaining something to you.
BTW I don't have to explain myself to you. And I will not. Those that read the posts clearly took action as your posts have been removed. That is enough to demonstrate that you have posted something offensive.

cookessentials, Mar 8, 12:19am
yes, have noticed that. it's not what you know but who you know LOL

bedazzledjewels, Mar 8, 12:20am
Already have Ellie ;-)

bella95, Mar 8, 12:59am
elliehen the eggshell trick is pure genius. Tried it today while making my omelette, by the time I'd dipped the fishing piece in the other piece had stuck to it. Took a nanosecond as opposed to the usual 10 minutes chasing.

kay141, Mar 8, 1:09am
Maybe or shows who goes running to TM. Your guess is as good as mine but it gets annoying when some can post nasty, abusive comments to another poster and if you retaliate, you get censored.

elliehen, Mar 8, 1:28am
I wish I could claim to be the genius - but the trick was passed on to me.It sure beats the frustration of chasing that little chip around the bowl ;)

cookessentials, Mar 8, 1:30am
I notice that the few that seem to be the nastiest seem to get away with it, not quite sure what gives them the right to continually belittle, harrass, berate and mock others. I always get a chuickle at those that constantly do this and then appear in a thread saying they never do that sort of thing. As I say, not what you know but who youy know. As an aside, I have a egg separator which I use, sometimes, I use just the two shells but so what, the thread was not actually about whether anyone agreed with the 1st poster, it was about a funky gadget, which looks pretty cute AND useful to me

cookessentials, Mar 8, 1:40am
That reminds me of someone.

nala2, Mar 8, 5:59am
Mirrors can be cruel