orange muffins in whiz .Has somon got it please?

honeymooners, Apr 26, 11:04pm
Got a recipe last year off here but hav lost it. everthing was just mixed up in whiz, can add choc chips etc.

245sam, Apr 26, 11:10pm
honeymooners, there's a recipe (maybe the same one as you've "lost") at:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=58469

cookessentials, Apr 26, 11:35pm
Mine perhaps?
Pam's easy peasy orange & date muffins
These are a favourite in our house & can be thrown together pretty quick. They freeze beautifully (if you dont eat them all first! ! Chop 1 whole orange in food processor. 1/2 cup chopped dates;1 egg;3/4 cup c sugar;1/2 cup orange juice;120g butter;1 1/2 cup plain flour & 1 tsp each of baking powder & baking soda. I chop the orange & dates in processor then add butter & chop well, then all the other ing & lastly the flour sifted with the bp & bs. Grease muffin tins into oven at 170c until risen & firm to touch. They are also yummy with choc buttons added (the Nestle small ones) either in with the dates or omit the dates & make orange and choc chip.

Made some a couple of weekends ago, they are delicious.

ab_forward1, Apr 27, 1:26am
cookessentials that sounds yummy. Do you chop a whole orange, skin (white stuff) and all?

cookessentials, Apr 27, 1:56am
yes, absolutely.

rainrain1, Apr 27, 2:08am
Here you go :-)

Orange Muffins
1 orange
3/4 cup orange juice
125gr butter
1 cup flour
1 cup wholemeal
1tsp BP
half tspbaking soda
6 Tblsp sugar
half cup sultanas
Cut orange into 1/4's, put in processor with juice till finely chopped. Then add melted butter and egg, whizz for 5-10 seconds. Mix with dry ingredients. Put 2/3 mixture in muffin tins, add 1tsp softened cream cheese and top with 1/3 mixture. 18oC for 15-20 minutes

honeymooners, Apr 27, 4:14am
thanks will try them all

tlkin, Apr 27, 4:32am
here is mine from somewhere.
Orange Choc Chip Muffins (posted by Rosie - origin unknown)

in food processor wizz:
1 orange (cut in 1/2 and take out any pips. leave skin on)
1 egg
1/2 cup melted butter

in bowl mix
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp BP
1 tsp BS
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar

add orange mixture to dry ingreds plus 200gm apricot yoghurt (i use 1 pot of any flavour and add abit more milk)
1/2 cup choc chips.

Mix until just combined.
put into muffin tims
bake 200 degs for 20 mins

juliewn, Apr 27, 11:52am
I wonder if it was this one that Trademe member Smiley-Cherub shared - it became famous here in Trademe recipes :-)

Smiley-Cherub's Magical Orange Cake:

1 whole orange, washed and processed to a pulp
125gr melted butter,
1 cup sugar
2 eggs,
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour.

If you have a food processor, just throw everything in together and mix till all combined.

Or without a processor, mix together the melted butter and sugar, add egg then orange pulp. Stir to combine then fold in sifted Self-raising flour.

For loaf or cake size: Pour into lined loaf or cake tin and bake at 180C for approx 35-40 mins or ready when tested with skewer.

For muffin size - pour into muffin tins and bake at 180°C about 15 minutes or till the top's bounce back when pressed gently.

Variations, use any fruit in place of the orange. . banana, feijoa (skin removed is nicest), persimmon, apple, pear, lemon, nashi, etc. . etc. .

Add some coconut, chopped nuts, raisin's, etc. .

Enjoy. . :-)

alewis, Apr 27, 11:49pm
I think thats the one, it had a great following, I made it one day as well, it was fab

katalin2, Apr 28, 12:14am
love that recipe of smiley cherubs- makes fabulous orange muffins, loaves or drop dead georgeous dessert doubled and made in a ring tin served warm with middle filled with mixture of half custard, half whipped cream with a few tablespoons of marmalade stirred in. Haven't made it for ages but now want to make it again!

st_allie, Apr 28, 3:11am
have just popped a batch of the smiley cherub muffins in the oven. . I added a small handful of chopped rosemary to the mix. . just because!

unknowndisorder, Apr 28, 7:00am
I decided to make the smiley cherub muffins into a cake. It had caused me to buy a food processor, so thought it about time to make it. Husband was home so his choice as to muffins or cake.
Now I'm peeved with myself, as got some choc buttons in the fridge I should've thrown in. Ah well.
Definitely yummy and will be made again. (Went for that one as only had the one orange, so no OJ).

do_da, Apr 29, 3:34am
Does anyone know if that recipe of Smiley-Cherub's Magical Orange Cake if made into loafs if it freeze's well?

unknowndisorder, Mar 15, 8:44am
I made it into a cake yesterday, and suspect it would freeze okay, if it lasted long enough. It's not a huge amount of mix, so probably would only make a loaf depending on the size of tin, but Katalin sounds like she's made it into loaves.