Apple cucumbers

sweater, Mar 6, 2:28am
Can I use apple cucumbers when making chutney, there are several recipes on these threads for cucumber chutneys, but I not sure if I could use the apple cucumbers I have, as they are very juicy , may make it to runny. Any ideas would be great thank you

toffeey, Mar 6, 3:36am
Cool. I will watch this thread with interest. My one plant has so many fruit on it that I'm going to be eating nothing but cucumber for a month I reckon.

sweater, Mar 6, 7:25am
yes, the same with me I have 1 plant & have been loving them, so fresh & juicy, been giving them away but would also like to make a chutney if someone could recommend a tried & true recipe, PLEASE HELP

sarahb5, Mar 6, 8:03am
We've had loads of fruit on our one plant as well but I'm not even sure I like them - maybe others are better gardeners than me but ours tasted quite sour.

korbo, Mar 6, 8:42am
check out on left hand side for a recipe- cucumber and pineapple relish.I have the recipe, but just right now, dont have the time to post it. will try and do it tomorrow. It is so delicious made with apple cucumbers.

korbo, Mar 6, 6:48pm
type in cucumber relish, and check out **Yummy cucumber recipes**

sweater, Mar 6, 7:13pm
Thank you Korbo, the cucumber & Pineapple relish sounds lovely, I will make this in the weekend and so pleased to know I am able to use the apple cucumbers.

korbo, Mar 7, 12:07am
yes, it is so nice, just been out to my little garden and I have 4 big apple cucumbers, so will make some too.

Just love this time of year.

roken, Mar 8, 12:34am
Use a gherkinb recipe and use white vinegar to preserve them. Goes with meat and toms sandwiches beautifully.

roken, Mar 8, 6:56am
sliced of courseand i seal them with asgee seals keeps for a couple of years. Just like other relishes etc

sweater, Mar 10, 7:12am
Thank you Korbo, today I have made the cucumber & pineapple relish, 5 good sized jars, & it smells & tastes nice, any more recipes would be appreciated as i am still picking my apple cucumbers, have given away lots & I am enjoying eating them, but wouild like to make something else with them

korbo, Mar 10, 8:17am
Did you find it salty !
I found a jar I had made last year(didnt realise I had made it), and I had written on the label - salty.
So have now amended my recipe and will make another lot.
I havent any other recipes, but I am sure someone will pop in here with some.

sweater, Mar 11, 1:05am
Did not find it salty but only tasted while very fresh, so hopefully Ok

whitehead., Mar 11, 3:35am
i made a brine of 3 table spoons salt to a cup of water and soaked my veg over night then you wash the salt off the veg before you cook it . stays crisp