Oven Cleaner.whats the best?

mumstu, Mar 11, 1:02am
What is the best oven cleaner to get!
I have tried all sorts but want to know what you find the best and what does the easiest job!

Want to try something that someone else has used with good results!

rainrain1, Mar 11, 1:10am
Cleaning the oven is a stink job, no matter what you use, but I prefer an overnight spray.I soak my racks in the bath in hot soapy water and clean them in there, using a goldilocks potscrub, but I lay a couple of thick towels on the bottom of the bath first to avoid scratches.gotta just grit your teeth and get on with it, and scream a time or two while you're at it

mumstu, Mar 11, 1:11am
I guess cleaning the oven can be a cathartic experience!, take the stresses and strains of life out on the oven racks.lol.

flower-child01, Mar 11, 1:46am
As long as it isn't a Westinghouse vinegar and baking soda is best. If it is I just warm my oven a little, then scrub it all down with soapy water (I use Earthwise dishwash), attack it with the goldilocks if need be, wipe clean. For the racks they are soaked in dishwash water then cleaned witthe goldilocks. I have to do it this way due to being an asthmatic. Needless to say my oven gets cleaned all the time so I don't get bake on grime, not the horrible task it used to be.

twindizzy, Mar 11, 1:47am
Warm baking soda spray left overnight works a treat

cgvl, Mar 11, 1:58am
I use Easy Off its the best I have found. You can spray it on and leave overnight or just a few mins.
For the racks I take them outside (or at least DH does) and spray with easy off and leave ofr a while then into the laundry sink in HOT water. The grime just washes off. If needs be steel wool on them and again use hot water. The hotter the water the easier the grime comes off.

jimmy500hp, Mar 11, 2:37am
I just fill a large dish with water and put in the oven. Turn the oven on high. Make sure the dish doesn’t dry up. Leave it for about an hour and then wipe oven. The steam loosens all the grime. I hate using chemicals in my oven.

miffycat1, Mar 11, 2:38am
flower-child01 wrote:
As long as it isn't a Westinghouse vinegar and baking soda is best. If it is I just warm my oven a little, then scrub it all down with soapy water (I use Earthwise dishwash), attack it with the goldilocks if need be, wipe clean. For the racks they are soaked in dishwash water then cleaned witthe goldilocks. I have to do it this way due to being an asthmatic. Needless to say my oven gets cleaned all the time so I don't get bake on grime, not the horrible task it used to be.[/quote
What is the issue with a Westinghouse oven !
Thanks

denbru, Mar 11, 2:40am
Pams Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner is the one for me, we moved in to a house the oven was disgusting, Pams fixed that and have used it ever since!

flower-child01, Mar 11, 2:52am
The racks are very poor quality where the chrome strips off with the vinegar baking soda treatment. Lets just say I learnt this mistake first hand.

mumstu, Mar 11, 2:54am
Thanks for the great suggestions.Sick of buying stuff that stinks and really doesn't work that well.

hanmer, Mar 11, 3:20am
spray oven cleaner and leave overnight.dont forget to spray the ceiling, too because that can really be dirty.
i place the racks in a blacksak (or two shopping bags) and then spray in there. don't stinge.shut it up and i'll leave it overnight or do it much later.wipes off easily.guess i just use mr. muscle but others will do, too.
blacksak can be used for the rubbish.

retired, Mar 11, 5:40am
The reason I chose a Bosch.Cleans itself, except for the racks.Comes up like new.Also chose the ceramic top with no knobs, hated cleaning them.

ry5, Mar 11, 7:32am
I always struggled getting the little brown burnt on spots off the glass door, until out of sheer frustration I tried a small paint scraper. What a result!It didn't scratch the glass & it saved a ton of elbow grease.

griffo4, Mar 11, 8:12pm
l got told years ago that you put your racks in bath and put tin foil in between each layer it doesn't have to be alot and then add washing machine powder and hot water and leave overnight and then use goldiocks but you don't need to scrub and they come up shiny l have just had to do mine yesterday and it was alot easier to get them clean then attack the rest of it with a rub onstuff and elbow grease
l really should clean it more often.

rainrain1, Mar 11, 8:47pm
Why the tinfoil !I know what you're saying about cleaning more often, mine needs doing now and I don't want to do it

lyl_guy, Mar 11, 9:19pm
I wondered about that too, so had a quick look and found this.
"An easy way to clean your oven racks is to wrap them in aluminium foil, place them in very hot water in the laundry tub or bath with your laundry detergent. Make sure they are completely covered by the water. Leave until the water has gone cold then a light rub with either a brush or steel wool will bring your oven racks up like new. There is a chemical reaction between the foil, laundry detergent and hot water which lifts off most of the baked on grime from the racks."

rainrain1, Mar 12, 1:40am
I don't believe it will work, but I'll give it a try next time

griffo4, Mar 12, 2:35am
l didn't believe it either rainrain but it works and is alot better if you clean your oven a bit more regularly than l do but it still saves alot of scrubbing and last time l did it the grime came off alot quicker because l didn't leave it so long between cleans

lulu239, Mar 12, 4:17am
I copied this off this forum some years ago and it works very well.

½ cup ammonia, ½ cup laundry powder and 1 cup boiling water. Put all into a roasting pan in a cold oven and leave overnight. Next day just wipe then wash.

(which reminds me, mine needs cleaning!)

mumstu, Mar 12, 5:21am
lulu239 how well does this work!

melford, Mar 12, 7:37am
My original post I think and don't forget to block up all the vents and turn wall oven switch off too. This works so well I have used it for many years. The racks easily clean too once they are washed in the same water that is in the roasting dish.