Help with pumpkin & orzo recipe:-)

stritchie, Feb 13, 1:11am
I haven't cooked orzo before but have pumpkin and orzo in the cupboard.Also have some bacon & chicken stock.Any ideas as to a recipe that might include these!Would so appreciate the help.

cookessentials, Feb 13, 1:58am
check the pasta thread down the bottom of page somewhere. My wood roasted salmon and orzo pasta salad is on there. You could roast the pumpkin, fry the bacon and and it to cooked orzo and then add a dressing that maybe has a bit of balsamic vinegar in it! it would need other things to get it right though, just cant think what else at the mo.

stritchie, Feb 13, 2:12am
Thank you! Sounds like good avise and nice and easy:-)

rainrain1, Feb 13, 5:31am
cook the orzo in chicken stock

stritchie, Feb 13, 8:11am
Thank you.I did this and family happy:-)

cookessentials, Feb 13, 8:54am
HOT SMOKED SALMON AND ORZO SALAD

1 cup orzo, cooked according to packet instructions
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
½ cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Grated rind 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach leaves
200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through. Serve in bowls. You can also make it go further by adding wedges of hard boiled egg if you wish.

You only need to cook the orzo for a few minutes I add a little olive oil to the water,along with a pinch of salt. I taste with the teaspoon as it is cooking to get the right texture. You want it firmish,but that your teeth will go through it as opposed to mushy.

I drain and rinse under hot water - just to keep it hot,although you eat this warm or cold

cookessentials (1205 )6:35 pm, Sun 5 Sep #3