Anyone that makes bread, a question please

n.c, Feb 10, 3:35am
I used to make my own bread and it was 'ok'. I am trying a loaf tonight using the Edmonds cookbook recipe but was wondering if anyone has a tried and true fab recipe that can be both white and grainy.

Oh and I dont have a bread maker.just doing it by hand.

(Also in Parenting)

standard, Feb 10, 8:49am
Make the busy peoples bread, great !

wendalls, Feb 10, 9:13am
Just find the breadmaking thread i bumped for someone else today. It cant be far down the list!

pickles7, Feb 20, 9:02pm
No kneading, just mix up ingredients and let time do the kneading for you. Only requires a few minutes hands on time, but requires forward planning as can take up to 24 hours before its ready to bake.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cook time:45 to 55 minutes
Servings:2 loaf tins or 1 X 27 cm long,12.5 cm wide, 8.5 cm deep.
This bread stays fresh well, and will freeze

Ingredients:
½ cup kibbled wheat
¼ cup kibbled rye
4 cups high grade bread flour
1 cup whole meal flour
¼ cup rolled oats
½ cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp Quinoa
3 Tbsp flax seed
3 Tbsp chia seeds
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 Tbsp gluten
1/2 teaspoon instant yeast (yes thats right!)
3 teaspoons salt
2 & 1/4 cups cold water
1 cup of milk
1 tsp wine or cider vinegar

The tin I use is; 27 cm long,12.5 cm wide, 8.5 cm deep.
I did paint the tin with tin glide.
Tin glide:
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.

Directions:
Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well (seeds are all optional)
Add water and vinegar
Mix well until a shaggy dough forms.
Cover bowl and dough with a plastic bag and leave in a warm place in winter or on bench in summer for 12 -18 hours to rise. Leave for longer if cold weather, it needs to have bubbles forming on the top of the dough when ready
When dough is bubbly on top, stir and fold dough over on itself once or twice, using a silicone spatula. It is a very wet sticky dough.
Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
1. Using a spatula, gently shape dough into a ball, folding it over on itself, no kneading necessary.
2. Spoon the dough into the tin evenly. Tent the dough with a plastic bag, or up-turn a large plastic bowl over so as it dose not come in contact with the dough at all. Leave for at least 2 hours to near double in size.
3. Half an hour before dough is ready, heat oven to 220 deg C
5. Bake 45 to 55minutes . Remove from oven, tip bread onto a rack, cover with a tea towel and leave to cool. Do not slice until cool.
The quinoa and any of the seeds can be omitted, I prefer it with all of the seeds.