Stollenberg recipe please

kiwibrit2, Feb 8, 5:14pm
I want to try to make the above cake/loaf.Bought one this last Christmas, wasn't very impressed.

lilyfield, Feb 8, 6:24pm
So where did you get that name from! I know what a Stollen is, but the berg at the end!A Stollen can be made with yeast or quark and bakingowder. There are thousands of recipes. Plain, with lots of almonds, dripping with butter, light or vey rich, full-of fruit or just a little, marzipan filling,Iced or just covered in sugar. Tell me what you expect and i fish out arecipe from the German website. There are not easy to make

cookessentials, Feb 8, 9:58pm
They are not that difficult to make. I do one with martian in the middle

lilyfield, Feb 8, 10:48pm
The put of space variety!

indy95, Feb 8, 11:50pm
Cooks, I have to say that is no way to treat an unsuspecting, perfectly innocent alien !

sarahb5, Feb 9, 12:33am
Do you use the green variety!And where did you find a stockist!

sarahb5, Feb 9, 12:39am
Just curious, but if you bought one at Christmas and weren't impressed why do you want to make your own!What were you not impressed about!

cookessentials, Feb 9, 5:40am
Ha ha, predictive text on my tablet ! Should say marzipan

lilyfield, Feb 9, 5:53am
I think we all realize you meant to type marzipan. Do you make your own or use Luebecker or such!

kiwibrit2, Feb 9, 6:06am
I will look for recipes.The one bought was rather hard and not that tasty. I tend not to buy finished products, so decided to make my own and hopefully improve on the bought one!My son's partner is half Dutch and her late father was a breadmaker/cakes etc of national repute, I said it was a challenge to make one.

cookessentials, Feb 9, 7:18am
I usually buy one.Odense or similar.

sarahb5, Feb 9, 9:52am
It is supposed to be quite firm - if it wasn't a firm "mix" then the marzipan wouldn't hold in place I don't think.My mum used to slice it and serve it slightly warm so that it was softer.

karlymouse, Feb 9, 10:16am
The ones in the supermarket are awful. hard dry tastless bread around a marzipan of oily almond centre.Anything you made fresh would be better.Google is your friend there will be heaps of recipes for it.

sarahb5, Feb 9, 10:35am
I haven't bought one for years but whenever we had them with German friends they put butter on theirs which would obviously make it less dry.

lilyfield, Feb 9, 5:53pm
↑ this. Stollen is more of a bread rather than cake. And the Germans like their bread firm to hard.