NZ Masterchef 2013

Page 1 / 11
bedazzledjewels, Jan 30, 8:09pm
Starts on February 10th apparently.
I'm looking forward to the masterclasses and some good visiting chefs. I'm not looking forward so much to the fun and games. Let's hope there are few who can cook.

elliehen, Jan 30, 9:08pm
The promos have been creative :)

alby100, Jan 30, 9:13pm
I hope this year the contestents are expected to prepare stock rather than just use the Sponsors product.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 30, 9:58pm
That should read - let's hope there are A few who can cook!
I haven't seen the promos yet Ellie. Hardly watch any tv these days.

davidt4, Jan 30, 10:10pm
I fear that the version in post #1 is more realistic.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 30, 10:21pm
Yes - i'll be very surprised if it isn't!

iriegirl, Jan 31, 5:33am
I hope it not going to be a repeat of "one particular chefs pet" show lol

aktow, Jan 31, 10:33am
and what do you think the show is really all about,, it an't about cooking. the whole show concept is about countdown and sponsor products,,

bluecalico, Jan 31, 6:33pm
I like their ad for it on TV.wonder if they are some of the contestants with their families etc., or just models.

ciannz, Jan 31, 8:19pm
I'm hoping the battery lasts in my remote so I can change channels

kiwiscrapper1, Jan 31, 11:03pm
Talked to one of the winners and the judges try the food while its hot and before they clean up then whens its all tidy and they present (for tv sake) its stone cold! dont like offal much but it would be worse cold!

uli, Feb 1, 12:50am
I like cold cooked liver :)

bedazzledjewels, Feb 7, 1:05am
Looks like the usual line-up of entertaining (in their eyes!) oddballs.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm!c_id=1501119&objectid=10863656

olwen, Feb 7, 1:56am
I do crumbed chicken livers that I love cold.

strebor1, Feb 7, 2:07am
Well I can't wait for it to start, and hopefully we will see some other hot cooking programmes soon.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 8, 8:10pm
Reminder - Sunday night. You'll be able to pick the ones that make the final cut because they'll ignore everyone else!
Did anyone from here enter!

books4nz, Feb 9, 7:09am
Me too - and looking forward to the show.
MKR is starting soon too, ads on now for it.

esther-anne, Feb 9, 7:14am
I am looking forward to the show enormously.

C'mon sceptics-relax and enjoy without too much analysis!It's entertainment for goodness sake, let's not be snobs about it!Amateurs for pete's sake!

slimgym, Feb 9, 8:20am
I love MKR but it was a bit pointed who was going to win last time

uli, Feb 9, 8:23am
You were "a bit pointed"!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 10, 4:02am
I wanted the two Adelaide guys to win but they didn't. Interestingly since that final, those guys have opened a shop selling macaroons (a macaronerie!)!

sarahb5, Feb 10, 4:29am
Same - I liked the UK version where there didn't appear to be any sponsor products to endorse but would rather read the back of my cereal packet than watch the NZ or Aussie version.

rainrain1, Feb 10, 4:53am
Maaate ya jokin'what a sad sack

twindizzy, Feb 10, 5:08am
They should change the title of the show then. To be called a Masterchef after that is an insult to real chefs all over the country

rainrain1, Feb 10, 5:21am
Since when are chefs any different than anyone else!