Vanilla Cake

cramy, Jan 22, 11:02pm
Hiya, does anyone have a great Vanilla Cake recipe that will last covered in fondant! Am wanting to make my daughter a rainbow cake for her birthday so will need to last a few days. Thanks

juliette55, Jan 22, 11:59pm
Hi I make this Vanilla/Rainbow Cake recipe alot and stays moist for days:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspn B. Powder
3/4 cup slightly melted in microwave butter or spread (I use Flora spread)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspn B. Soda
pinch salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspn vanilla
Place all above ingredients in a bowl, mix until smooth;divide mixture into three bowls.
One bowl a few drops of red colouring & 1 dessertspn of red jam
Another bowl add 1-2 dessertspn cocoa
Third bowl leave as plain Vanilla.
In a lined greased tin alternate your colours taking one scoop from each bowl above at a time to fill your baking tin.Cook 180 C I take out of oven as soon as the cake bounces back & kebab stick comes away clean.

juliette55, Jan 23, 9:55pm
Sorry forgot to say once you have divided the vanilla cake mixture into three you can colour them in what ever colour you wish with food colouring ie. rainbow colours OR double the mixture and divided into six.I once made this recipe for my girlfriend in shades of purple, pink & vanilla.

thelaw014, Jan 24, 3:13am
That would have been gorgeous juliette55. Those are my favourite colours so I'm probably biased.

kiwibubbles, Jan 24, 7:48am
Try the Edmonds Angelic Vanilla Cake Mix - seriously its delicious and perfect for rainbow colours - done this before. Just don't use the frosting in the box cos its foul haha. Used this before and it stated moist for a few days