Lettuce Salad Ideas.

daffy71, Jan 25, 11:53pm
Any inspiration for a yummy lettuce salad!Been asked to take one to a dinner tonight and not feeling at all inspired.what can I put i it!

urshala, Jan 26, 12:17am

daffy71, Jan 26, 12:36am
Thanks Urshala.did you make or buy the candied pecans!

wadboy, Jan 26, 2:03am
This is quick and easy and looks colourful. Packet of mesclun salad. Toss through any of following - strips of red pepper, very thin strips of carrot, halves of seedless grapes, thin slices of brie ( or any cheese - edam colby ),slices of fresh apricot, cucumber, avocado and tomato. Leave some ingredients to display attractively on top. Sprinkle with spring onion.I take a krispit bottle of red wine vinagrairette dressing to a bbq (can pour into a small jug to serve when I get there.) Great weather for a barbie. Have fun.

sarahb5, Jan 26, 5:13am
Wouldn't a lettuce or green salad be just that though!I'm sure if your hosts have requested a lettuce or green salad they won't be expecting it to have anything else in it other than a variety of leaves.Take the dressing separately - raspberry vinaigrette is delicious on leaves of any kind.

urshala, Jan 26, 5:22am
made the candied pecans, very easy and so yummy,

daffy71, Jan 26, 7:12am
Thanks urshula, made that recipe and it was fab!sarahb5, I kinda think if people ask for a lettuce salad they mean that as the base, but with other things addedlike not pasta or potato salad.

sarahb5, Jan 26, 9:28am
Well they'd be out of luck if they asked me to provide a green or lettuce salad then because that's what they'd get .If they mean a mixed salad that's what they should specify.

urshala, Jan 26, 9:31am
Your very welcome daffy71, it is a very simple but so so tasty salad.

amanda_simonp, Jan 26, 10:57pm
what is nature seasoning!Can we get it here.Sounds delicious

lx4000, Jan 27, 12:08am
sunflower, pumpkin seeds, dried apricots, chopped herbs of your choice These always make a good salad great. Even almonds added are good:)

holly-rocks, Jan 27, 12:19am
That recipe sounds yummy urshala (:

aasha, Jan 27, 12:36am
Yummy but not so good for those of us with nut allergies, salads used to be a safe option.

urshala, Jan 27, 9:25am
No Natures seasoning is American, I Googled it, and used parsley, celery salt, garlic salt, (just a pinch of each) as could not find celery seeds. added the rest of the dressing ingredients omitting the salt. Turned out really yummy.