ANZAC CAKE

Page 2 / 2
griffo4, May 21, 8:16am
the modern anzac cake was a success with everyone who tasted it but it just didn't seem to have a distinctive taste for me ,
l think l am getting fussy, lol
maybe l didn't put a strong enough coffee l would be interested to see what others think of it

cookessentials, May 21, 8:28am
Sounds like the sugar did not dissolve with the toffee? ? I do a pecan praline cheesecake that has a toffee type praline with pecans in it on the top, you just need to gradually heat it till the sugar dissolves and not over cook it. Yes, I would say a good strong espresso would be the best in regards to the coffee

griffo4, May 22, 3:51am
Cooks l have to say that anzac cheesecake is a keeper everyone went wow when they first tasted it and they all wanted 2nds so happy about that and l redid the toffee and had better success l knew it was a my error as l have not made alot of toffee before
The lumberjack cake was also a success and very tasty as well so a good day was had by all
The cheesecake had that different taste with the base having mixed spice in it and it held together well
everyone was asking what was in the base and couldn't believe it when l said there was no biscuits or flour only the oats

elliehen, May 22, 4:11am
daleaway, if you fancy recipes for any hard and dry tucker, just ask ;)I have a tramping cookbook full of recipes designed to survive being carried into wilderness areas - there is the famous Tararua biscuit, a Panforte ('strong bread') di Siena, a solid Honey Spice Loaf, Currant Munchies... .

... an interesting section on living off the land too - Fried Eel, Goat Track Stew and more...

cookessentials, May 22, 4:30am
Thanks griffo, glad you enjoyed it... sounds like it is a definate one to try then.

willow123, Jul 18, 10:08am
Does anyone have Annabelle's email address?
Years ago I had a recipe for a beautiful dessert and somehow it got misplaced and I'd love another copy.
Thanks

cookessentials, Aug 15, 10:20pm
Hi willow, no I dont have it, but perhaps someone will see this and be able to help ypu.

indy95, Aug 16, 1:24am
I don't have an email address willow, but you could check the TVNZ website or try the Sunday Star Times as Annabelle writes a regular column for it and I think she is also on Facebook.

fruitluva2, Sep 29, 9:30pm
#
#

Chocolate Anzac Cake. Cream 120g butter with 3/4C caster sugar. Add 2 beaten eggs and mix well. Sift over 2Tablespoons cocoa powder and 1C self-raising flour and add 1/2C milk. Mix gently, then fold in 2 Tablespoons each dessicated coconut and rolled oats.
Spoon mixture into a greased and lined 20cm spring-form pan. Combine 1/4C each plain flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and coconut. Rub in 60g butter, sprinkle over cake.
Bake at 160C for 50-55 mins or until cooked.

fruitluva2, Apr 26, 12:58pm
Anzac Cookies

Combine 1C each of plain flour & rolled oats with 3/4C caster sugar & 1/2C each dessicated coconut & roasted roughly chopped peanuts.
Make a well in the centre.
Place 125g butter & 2T golden syrup into a pan & heat until combined.
Dissolve 1t bicarb soda in 2T boiling water & add to the butter mixture.
Pour into the flour & mix until combined. Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls & roll into the rolled oats.
Place on a greased & lined trays allow room for spreading.
Bake at 180C for 10mins. Cool on trays before storing.