Plums needed for sauce?

iman007, Jan 22, 4:58am
anyone know where i can get some cheap plums!

fifie, Jan 22, 5:33am
Local countdown! got 3kg at ours yesterday,$12nice big juicy ones made 14 sauce bottles up, if thats to expensive maybe local markets for bigger lots cheaper.

iman007, Jan 22, 6:38am
in ch ch! where!
ive looked at countdown and new world, anything from 5 to 7 bucks! wtf

nauru, Jan 22, 6:44am
I saw a couple of varieties in CD today $3.99 kg, must be a weekly special as they are more than that at other SM's.

pickles7, Jan 22, 7:40pm
We have been buying red plums here in Hastings for $3.99 a Kg. for a few weeks now on the road side. One Supermarket sells the same plums for $6.99 a K.g.
We have a tree on the road side within walking distance for our dogs. Nice and handy and they love to go for a walk. I am planting a tree this year, it should give me enough plums to use in its third year. I am not sure of the variety yet, there are so many to choose from.
I am so lucky to have been given two apple root stock trees. I am so keen to graft my own trees.

cgvl, Jan 22, 11:56pm
Black Doris makes lovely dark plum sauce. they are nice bottled, made into jam and for eating. Thats if the kids and birds don't beat you to them.
Any nice dark skinned plum will be fine. I love the yellow plum for jam though as it has a different flavour.

iman007, Jan 29, 7:54am
dam, them ellusive cheap plums, guess have to bite the bullet and pay through the nose,thanks anyway peeps.

raewyn64, Jan 29, 8:11am
have you checked out these guys on listing 555695849
They may have other plums not just this listing if you enquired

dibble35, Jan 29, 9:05am
Hahaha, kids selling plums on the side of the road while i was driving home from work tonight, dont usually stop as often dont have change/time. Big bags, must have 1.5-2kg in them for $2. Probably not suitable for sauce as yellow flesh but boy they are tasty.yummmm :-) wont last long on our household. My trees have still got quite a few plums on them but not quite ripe

iman007, Jan 30, 4:07am
growers had them, 10 kg 29.90 done!

me happy!

uli, Jan 30, 4:13am
These people here have greengages for $40 for 6kg - is this cheap - I do not know!

Or you could look here:
http://www.pickyourown.org/newzealand.htm

And generally speaking - google is your friend!

malcovy, Jan 30, 4:30am
Greengages are delicious and a older lady mentioned how expensive they are now, she is 89.Dad grew them and he cut them down when dementia started.Delicious fruit.
Uli thanks for that website, it had an answer for my question.

uli, Jan 30, 4:38am
I am glad I made your day malcovy.
It seems to be difficult nowadays on here LOL :)

iman007, Jan 30, 8:05am
cheers uli