Is berry flavoured yogurt gluten free?

farmerjones, Jan 14, 6:16am
Hi there, I am making an ambrosia for someone who is gluten free.
Does anybody out there know if there are yogurts i can or can't use!
Cheers

uli, Jan 14, 6:25am
You will have to check.

Greek Yoghurt without anything will be gluten free.

Anything with additions you will have to check.

245sam, Jan 14, 8:42am
farmerjones, you might like to try this recipe which as is, doesn't have any yoghurt however last time I made it I did add about ¼ cup Greek-style yoghurt which IMO improved it because I preferred the ambrosia to not be quite so sweet.Remember to check that the marshmallows have a GF dusting/coating.

BOYSENBERRY MARSHMALLOW CREAM
300ml cream
½ x 397g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 440g can boysenberries, well drained
1 jumbo bag marshmallows, cut into pieces

Whip the cream and sweetened condensed milk together, then fold in the boysenberries and marshmallows.Refrigerate.
IMO is best the day after it is made.

Hope that helps.:-))

uli, Jan 14, 9:58pm
If you do this recipe above then make sure you buy gluten free marshmallows. Not all of them use cornstarch which is gluten free. Lots of so-called "corn" starch in NZ is actually wheat starch! Also "modified food starch" is most likely wheat.

vmax2, Jan 14, 10:14pm
Also modified food starch means msg.

uli, Jan 15, 2:35am
Why do you not use this recipe I have developed as a new breakfast food or dessert:

Greek yoghurt mixed into whipped cream then layered with a berry paste - berries which were cooked with a bit of gelatine.

Now I have changed from berries (the last ones get eaten fresh) to plums, cooked with a cinnamon stick, pushed through a colander and then thickened with gelatine.