Best carrot cake recipe please.

deblet_, Jan 15, 7:03am
DH's birthday tomorrow and carrot cake if his fave.Ive never made it though.anyone have a yummy, foolproof recipe for me!

245sam, Jan 15, 7:17am
deblet_, try doing a search here on the Recipes MB using carrot cake as the Keywords and Last year as the Date posted option - you'll find a real choice of carrot cake recipes that others have tried, some of which different posters say are "the best".

Hope that helps and that your DH has a very Happy Birthday.:-))

deblet_, Jan 15, 7:51am
Aww, thanks : ) didn't even think of doing that.

suzanna, Jan 15, 7:58am
This is a really great carrot cake recipe- only one I use now. It is a large cake.

MOTUEKA GRAIN & GRAPE CARROT CAKE (CAFE now called The Mooring)
2 Cups of wholemeal Flour
2 Cups of sugar
2 tspn of Mixed spice
2 tspn Cinnamon
2 tspn of Baking Soda
1 Cup of Walnuts
1/2 Cup of Pumpkin seeds
1 Cup of Sultanas
1 Cup of chopped up dried Apricots

Mix all of the above ingredients together then:

. 750gm Grated Carrots
1½ Cups oil
4 eggs
2 tspn Vanilla

add grated carrots, mix well
whisk up 1½ Cups oils with the 4 eggs add the vanilla, then Fold Carefully into the dry ingredients
DO NOT OVER MIX Bake at 170oc for up to 2 hours keep an eye on it, Dont forget to line the tin, makes 1 large cake

hairchopper1

nanasee1, Jan 15, 8:06am
Our family favourite - from the message board and apology to the original poster asI haven't recorded your name.

Fab Moist Large Carrot Cake(THE BEST EVER)
Whizz chop 3 med.carrots.
ADD:2 cups sugar,2 tsp.cinnamon,1 cup oil,4 eggs.
Whizz till well blended.
ADD;2 cups plain flour,2 tsp baking powder,1 tsp baking soda,1 tsp salt. Whizz again till well blended.
Pour into large lined cake tin.(makes a large 27 cm round cake-6 cm deep)Bake@150 degrees c. approx 1 hour.
Check with skewer.
Ice with Cream Cheese Icing when cold.
100grm Cream Cheese, 50g butter, 1tsp vanilla, 2 cups icing sugar. Soften Cr cheese & butter, whip till smooth. Add vanilla & icing sugar. Addition of either lemon or orange rind & juice lifts flavour. The BEST recipe I have ever had!

I have made it successfully with Gluten free flour. Also used egg substitute (so dairy, egg & GF) but it then cooks better in muffin pans or a ring tin. Obviously don't use cream cheese icing for dairy free! Nice with a lemon glaze though.

rj5, Jan 16, 3:06am
Chelsea sugar website have the best ever carrot cake it is a no failer in our family :)