Banoffee Pie?

grouch, Jan 20, 7:24pm
Has anyone got a great tried and true recipe for Banoffee Pie please! My daughter has requested one for her birthday and I said I will give it a go. Thanks.

petal1955, Jan 20, 9:30pm
This is a Banoffie Pie recipe that I have made and have enjoyed!

BANOFFIE PIE

1 pkt wine biscuits (crushed)

120 grms melted butter

1 tin of Nestle Caramel Condensed Milk

2 bananas sliced

1-2 teaspoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee Powder

2 tablespoons plain yoghurt

200mls whipping cream

Chopped Walnuts and Chocolate Chips/Hail

Crush biscuits and add melted butter. Mix and place in a loose bottom pie plate and cook( 350F-180C) for 15-20 mins. Cool, then chill in fridge.

Spread on Caramel Condensed Milk and then add sliced bananas.

Whip together cream sugar and coffee powder and when cream is stiff - FOLD in yoghurt.

Spread over bananas and smooth the top. Decorate with walnuts and chocolate.

daisyhill, Jan 21, 5:55am
Interesting - I've never heard of putting coffee into banoffee before (the -offee is from toffee, not coffee). It could be nice though! Let's face it, any combination of those ingredients is probably going to be yum :-)

sarahb5, Jan 21, 6:35am
Mine is a totally made up recipe which I made at Christmas and served in individual sundae glasses:

1 pkt malt biscuits crushed added to 100g of melted butter and pressed into the bottom of 6 sundae dishes or 1 x 20cm loose bottom pie plate or similar.Put in the freezer to harden.

Thickly slice 2 bananas and divide equally - reserving 6 slices for decoration.Sprinkle the reserved slices with lemon juice.Top with caramel flavoured condensed milk.Add a generous dollop of whipped cream to the top and decorate with one slice of banana and dust with cocoa or grated chocolate.

sharl3, Jan 22, 6:51am
For a change, I use gingernut biscuits which is really nice for a base.

tinabops, Jan 22, 7:09pm
There is actually a recipe on the tin ofNestle Caramel Condensed Milk.I use an extra 25 gms of butter as I like the base firmer and I use 2 tins of the caramel condensed milk.