Wanting ideas for 21st party food

pines, Jan 7, 5:34am
Hi I would like some ideas for some suggestions party food for a 21st at home.Thanks

rainrain1, Jan 7, 5:39am
A very large pot of chicken chow mein.
Cold meats egleg of mutton

roys351, Jan 7, 5:45am
sandwiches, savouries b&e pie cheese platters, chicken nibbles, fruit platters cold meats and salads, new boiled spuds

findit1, Jan 7, 5:58am
went to one that had a leg of ham (decorated). fresh bread rolls and salads.21st cake for dessert.went down well and kids just came and helped themselves throughout the night.

lynneandella, Jan 7, 6:07am
Like the ham and salads idea - either that or a BBQ - means that the kids (and everyone else for that matter) have a cue to eat especially if they are eating) . also sausage rolls and cheerios and sauce and meatballs etc yum yum -

unicstudent, Jan 7, 8:46am
I have been to a 21st like this and it was a great success! Most people (all ages) love fresh ham rolls - and having them out 'all night' is a good idea. It is simple, and fairly economical too.

You could do always do hot ham (or other meat such as pork or lamb) in this way at a certain time to create the 'supper time' thing to encourage eating (important otherwise, if not pushed, some may not bother to eat), and then the ham and rolls could be left out to allow 'grazing' later.

A good and inexpensive supper item is also cheese rolls - you know the old fashioned grated cheese mix on white bread (I know, but its just not the same on wholemeal bread!), rolled up and toasted. These go down an absolute treat! And are good and filling later in the night!

cookessentials, Jan 7, 9:04am
Somewhere on here there is a super thread for parties, weddings, gatherings with some brilliant ideas

sarahb5, Jan 7, 9:15am
We had nuts, chips, dips, etc. for nibbles when people first arrived.Dinner was butter chicken or lasagne or ham with rice, jacket potatoes, green salad and coleslaw - butter chicken was the most popular.Then we had cheesecake or fresh fruit platter for dessert I think as well as the birthday cake.Our party was just family and close friends though - about 20 of us altogether ranging in age from 12 to 80.