Samanya - savoury pavlova roulade recipe please :)

unicstudent, Jan 5, 11:05am
Hello, I saw samanya's post in a regular pav thread from a while ago, regarding a savoury pavlova roulade, and am interested in the recipe if possible. I make one with spinach in it, but am interested in one that could be used without necessarily using spinach. Hoping you might see this samanya, or someone else may be able to offer similar recipe! TIA.

samanya, Jan 5, 11:54am
Hi there.
My recipehas spinach in it, too.
250g frozen spinach (I just stick in a good bunch of fresh spinach, barely cooked & squeezed well)
4 eggs
1 tabspn cornflour
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper
2 tabspns toasted breadcrumbs
1 cup Gruyere cheese
1 cup cooked chicken
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1 tspn whole seed mustard
fresh herbs(I use parsley, chives & a little thyme)
Drain spinach, separate eggs. place spinach, egg yolks, cornflour, nutmeg & pepper in food processor to combine.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Fold spinach mixture into egg whites & pour into a baking paper lined sponge roll tin.
Bake at 190 for 10 - 15 minutes until roulade springs back when lightly touched.
Turn onto a tea towel lightly sprinkled with the breadcrumbs.
Roll up like a sponge roll & leave for about a minute then unroll & fill with the chicken & cheese, Re-roll & return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Mix sour cream & mustard & serve with slices of the roulade.

You could experiment with different fillings & substitutes for the spinach.

unicstudent, Jan 5, 8:53pm
Oh yum, thankyou. This is similar in concept to mine,but it has opened me up to experimentation with fillings, as I tended to think of only the one filling I had for my recipe (creamed cheese n smoked samon). I created/rolled mine small and used as finger food, I love the idea of this as an entree or main . yum! Thanks a million :)

samanya, Jan 5, 9:23pm
I wondered about grated carrot & parsley incorporated into the roulade mixture as part of the appeal is the colour IMO.

chrisynz, Jan 6, 2:40am
This sounds very nice

uli, Jan 6, 2:59am
I make a spinach roulade with smoked salmon - with whole eggs rather than just the whites. This is a similar recipe (I make mine without recipe depending on what is in the garden and freezer):

http://thecornishfishmonger.co.uk/seafood-recipes/1996~Smoked+Salmon+and+Spinach+Roulade

chrisynz, Jan 6, 10:07pm
Going to have a go at making this tonight. tys

samanya, Jan 7, 4:54am
I like the idea of salmon, smoked or otherwise .but if you use whole eggs, would that not make it more of a savoury crepe!

uli, Jan 7, 8:39am
No - it is like a big fat pancake LOL :)

unicstudent, Jan 7, 8:54am
I just checked and my recipe uses whole eggs too, but not flour (as uli's recipe does). As the eggs are separated and the whites beaten still stiff, it gives the fluffiness of the egg whites with some of the creaminess and texture of the yolks, but not like a pancake or crepes.