Light fruit cake 10" & 8" - mudcake 6" recipes

17007, Jan 1, 1:15am
Can anyone help me with the correct recipe measurements to make the above cakes in round pans.Your help would be appreciated Many thanks

kiwibubbles, Jan 1, 2:57am
I usually just use the left over batter to make cupcakes for the family to eat

kiwibubbles, Jan 1, 2:58am
this table might help - it might not. but it tells you how much batter you need for different sized cake tins http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

cookiebarrel, Jan 1, 2:59am
Not recipes I know, but in case you do have recipes a 6" round is equal to a 5" square tin.an 8" round is equal to a 7" square tin.a 10" round is equal to a 9" square tin.Hope this helps.

cookiebarrel, Jan 1, 2:59am
Not recipes I know, but in case you do have recipes a 6" round is equal to a 5" square tin.an 8" round is equal to a 7" square tin.a 10" round is equal to a 9" square tin.Batter or cake mix quantities that is.Hope this helps.

duckmoon, Jan 1, 4:17am
Are these quantities for a batter cake or a fruit cake.
Also, they are described as a 2-layered cake.
So it that two cakes which are iced together (like they do for a balck forest gateau) or a wedding cake layer in the tradiintal kiwi style wedding cake!

Sorry, the webiste was interesting, but left me with more questions

cookiebarrel, Jan 1, 1:37pm
I use these for both fruit cake and batter cakes, such as banana, choc ect.And yes the 2 layer cake is like a gateau.If I am doing a 2 layer cake I make it in the 3" high tin and then when baked and cooled, I cut them through the middle into 2 or 3 layers, fill and rejoin.If all you have is the lower height tins then you can divide the mix between them, but the size contrast stays the same.Hope this makes sense ;-)Have never layered a fruit cake though, guess it could be done.Which is why I only have the taller 3" high tins in all sizes from 14 inches down to 3 inches, rounds and squares, also a few heart, octagonal, hexagonal and cloud shaped ones in 3 or 4 different sizes.Not so many different sized or shaped one and a half inch high tins, mainly just the ones for sponges ect.
Have a really good book from the Aust. Women's Weekly series that not only gives recipes for many different kinds of cakes but lists the cooking times and ingredients needed for a large variety of different sized and shaped tins.Would be really useful to answer these requests on here, BUT unfortunatly I know it is somewhere inside the house, just not where exactly as I managed to misplace it when I did my last clean-up.Have promised myself that I shall let the family fend for themselves tomorrow and I shall do an extensive search for this wayward book, before I need it.
Let me know if there is anything else that I can try and help with.

cookiebarrel, Jan 3, 11:17am
Yay, finally found the book I was looking for, plus two other items I had misplaced.Now all I have to do is find that darned chocolate brandysnap recipe and then all misplaced in 2012 will be found.does anyone still need the recipes or further size info!