Light fruit cake 10" & 8" - mudcake 6" recipes

17007, Jan 1, 1:15am
Can anyone help me with the correct recipe measurements to make the above cakes in round pans.Your help would be appreciated Many thanks

kiwibubbles, Jan 1, 2:57am
I usually just use the left over batter to make cupcakes for the family to eat

kiwibubbles, Jan 1, 2:58am
this table might help - it might not. but it tells you how much batter you need for different sized cake tins http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

cookiebarrel, Jan 1, 2:59am
Not recipes I know, but in case you do have recipes a 6" round is equal to a 5" square tin.an 8" round is equal to a 7" square tin.a 10" round is equal to a 9" square tin.Hope this helps.

cookiebarrel, Jan 1, 2:59am
Not recipes I know, but in case you do have recipes a 6" round is equal to a 5" square tin.an 8" round is equal to a 7" square tin.a 10" round is equal to a 9" square tin.Batter or cake mix quantities that is.Hope this helps.

duckmoon, Jan 1, 4:17am
Are these quantities for a batter cake or a fruit cake.
Also, they are described as a 2-layered cake.
So it that two cakes which are iced together (like they do for a balck forest gateau) or a wedding cake layer in the tradiintal kiwi style wedding cake!

Sorry, the webiste was interesting, but left me with more questions

cookiebarrel, Jan 1, 1:37pm
I use these for both fruit cake and batter cakes, such as banana, choc ect.And yes the 2 layer cake is like a gateau.If I am doing a 2 layer cake I make it in the 3" high tin and then when baked and cooled, I cut them through the middle into 2 or 3 layers, fill and rejoin.If all you have is the lower height tins then you can divide the mix between them, but the size contrast stays the same.Hope this makes sense ;-)Have never layered a fruit cake though, guess it could be done.Which is why I only have the taller 3" high tins in all sizes from 14 inches down to 3 inches, rounds and squares, also a few heart, octagonal, hexagonal and cloud shaped ones in 3 or 4 different sizes.Not so many different sized or shaped one and a half inch high tins, mainly just the ones for sponges ect.
Have a really good book from the Aust. Women's Weekly series that not only gives recipes for many different kinds of cakes but lists the cooking times and ingredients needed for a large variety of different sized and shaped tins.Would be really useful to answer these requests on here, BUT unfortunatly I know it is somewhere inside the house, just not where exactly as I managed to misplace it when I did my last clean-up.Have promised myself that I shall let the family fend for themselves tomorrow and I shall do an extensive search for this wayward book, before I need it.
Let me know if there is anything else that I can try and help with.

cookiebarrel, Jan 3, 11:17am
Yay, finally found the book I was looking for, plus two other items I had misplaced.Now all I have to do is find that darned chocolate brandysnap recipe and then all misplaced in 2012 will be found.does anyone still need the recipes or further size info!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)