Chocolate cheesecake

happygabi, Dec 31, 9:56pm
Would like to make one today but have no recipe. Not a baked one though.Any help appreciated.

sarahb5, Jan 1, 1:55am
I made a nice one with white chocolate and raspberries - I used a tub of the Tararua cheesecake filling, some melted white chocolate including some of the Whittakers white chocolate with raspberry, some mascarpone, some whipped cream and some frozen raspberries.Used crushed gingernuts for the biscuit base.Delicious!

wildflower, Jan 1, 2:41am
sarahb5, that sounds great.Funnily enough as I've got older I've started preferring white chocolate (Whittaker's) more, I find it less rich than milk though most people would probably say that's backward:)

sarahb5, Jan 1, 2:46am
Funny thing is I don't really like white chocolate and the Whittakers one was way too sweet for anyone here (even my kids) but mixed into the cheesecake with the raspberries was much better - the raspberries balanced out the sweetness.I'm a dark chocolate lover myself.

supercook, Jan 1, 3:36am
I make the chocolate cheesecake wich was featured on Good morning show, it is so good and easy to make. Have made 3 now all turned out yummy.

macwood2, Jan 1, 8:57am
sarahb5
would you mind posting the quantities for your cheesecake recipe pls

sarahb5, Jan 1, 10:46am
Um - I don't really have quantities - I just used what I had.I know it was 500g of the cheesecake filling and 250g of mascarpone but as far as chocolate and cream was probably about 100g of chocolate melted and 200ml of cream I think and about a cupful of raspberries.

ladywinternz, Jan 2, 4:09am
Chocolate cheesecake recipe;
Base: Crush a packet of plain biscuits, Melted butter to combine base, put mixture to the bottom of a cake tin
Filling: Place one small cream into a bowl, add one container of cream cheese, one can of condensed milk, one serving of gelatine and one melted packet of white (will be rich) chocolate or dairymilk chocolate. Mix all the ingredients together and place on top of base mixture inside the cake tin. finally put it into fridge/ freezer to set