Which chef/cook would you choose?

kara101, Jan 1, 12:51pm
Day to day food def Alison Holst.I love her cookbooks to this day and with all the new fangled recipies out, the old simple ones have stood the test of time.

nik12, Jan 1, 1:21pm
I wish I could say any of them had cooked for me so I could chose!
I know Alison is a fav 'coz I've got her books. yep tried and true. her and Edmonds are stillmy favs

dms01, Jan 1, 1:34pm
Most days I wouldn't pick her but I reckon Alison Holst would do an amazing New Year's post-pissup hangover feed. You don't want fancy stuff after a bender

elliehen, Mar 9, 5:48am
A Michelin star won't guarantee you won't get a gastric upset ;)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/8404504/63-fall-ill-at-worlds-best-restaurant

Bumped this old more-or-less on topic thread rather than start a new one for a piece of today's Stuff website trivia ;)

samanya, Mar 9, 5:53am
Not quite a celebrity but I like Helen Jackson's recipes/style.

strebor1, Mar 9, 7:51pm
I love Al Brown's cooking, also Josh Emett. I have been to his restaurant and just loved it. One person I wouldn't have is Alison Holt. Her cooking is too nanerish. Any good home cook can cook as well as her. In her early days she was in the right place at the right time. If she was starting up now, she wouldn't get a look in.

eastie3, Mar 9, 11:42pm
I find Annabel Langbein is very reliable. Al Brown does a lot of fish which is not my favourite thing, but he'd be terrific company around the dinner table. I have attended cooking classes at Ruth Pretty's over the years and think she is excellent,and I'm also a Julie Biuso fan, her food is very much to my taste.

destiny6nz, Mar 10, 12:17am
i dont know their names but one is a Vietnamese cook the other Chinese (based in Australia).

davidt4, Mar 10, 12:20am
Luke Nguyen and Kylie Kwong!

lythande1, Mar 10, 1:57am
None of the above (in the papers list) for me.

ruby2shoes, Mar 10, 2:30am
Dame Alison Holst.She has a vast array of cooking talents, her white meat and vegetarian cookbooks are fab.

wise_one, Mar 10, 6:58am
none of the above i love nigella and jamie oliver

roshu, Dec 30, 6:48pm

dezzie, Dec 30, 6:50pm
Al Brown.

cgvl, Dec 30, 6:52pm
mm Al Brown for me too, next Peter Gordon.
dame Allison maybe third.

olwen, Dec 30, 7:25pm
We thought Simon Gault or Al Brown.

If overseas celebs included Rick Stein by a country mile with Maggie Beer second.

rainrain1, Dec 30, 7:35pm
It would have to be Al Brown all the way

bedazzledjewels, Dec 30, 7:39pm
A pity Michael Meredith isn't there. But I'd be happy to have Al Brown cooking today for me!

pgta, Dec 30, 8:15pm
I would go with Alison Holst.

davidt4, Dec 30, 9:00pm
Al Brown please.

duckmoon, Dec 31, 6:26am
Alison Holst has already taught me how to cook.
I think I would like Peter Gordon to pop over

fendi3, Dec 31, 9:41am
Rick Stein, had the absolute pleasure of going to his seafood restaurant in Cornwall (Padstow) in June & he was there but aside from that the food was beautiful, not Michelin star fancy type but so so delicious! Will never forget it!

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 31, 10:44am
Al Brown and Ruth Pretty not sure in which order love both their cooking, especially when Al Brown is cooking at Ruth Prettys cooking school :-)