I've just made my 1st batch of gluten free

elsielaurie1, Dec 29, 12:33am
biscuits. I was a bit concerned at the amount of sugar - 1/2 cup each of brown and white sugar, 200g total to 125g butter, 1.75c flour, I used 1/2 rice and 1/2 soy, 1.5t BP. and 1 egg. Could I cut back on the sugar without spoiling the final outcome and if so, by how much!

..james.., Dec 29, 5:47am
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain-free)

Author: Detoxinista.com
Prep time:15 mins Cook time:10 mins Total time:25 mins
Serves: 24

Made with almond flour and rich maple syrup, these soft and chewy cookies pack a nutty, complex flavor in each bite. Served with an ice-cold glass of almond milk, they are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
Ingredients
1½ cups of Blanched Almond Flour (store-bought or homemade)
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 whole egg, or flax egg
½ cup chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and egg, and mix well.
Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and mix well until a uniform batter is achieved, then stir in the chocolate chips.
Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until golden around the edges, turning the pan half-way through baking time.
Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
Notes

These cookies should last a few days at room temperature, but I prefer to store them in the freezer for an indefinite shelf life–> that way I always have cookies on hand when I sweet craving hits. They taste amazing straight out of the freezer, too!

Check out this authors other recipes at www.detoxinista.com I absolutely love her recipes. Also, check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com. Her recipes are low sugar and she also often posts sugar free versions of her recipes too.

elsielaurie1, Dec 29, 6:58am
Thanks for this.I still think I'll cut the sugar content of the biscuits I've made by 1/2!