Cooking a turkey breast

nozzie007, Dec 24, 12:16am
We're doing Christmas brunch this year - croissants along with savoury and sweet platters.To salute the traditional food, I want to make turkey, brie and cranberry croissants.Question is - how to cook the turkey.Should I do it in an oven bag to avoid it drying out and what herbs would you suggest!Thanks for your suggestions!

245sam, Dec 24, 12:34am
nozzie007, is it a boneless turkey breast!If so I would either poach it in a frying pan or saucepan, or as you suggest put it in an oven bag with some stock or water and oven cook it that way.
In preparation for our Roast Turkey Casserole version of Alison Holst's Roast Chicken Casserole I cooked our whole turkey in an oven bag with mixed herbs, onions and a couple of cups of water - it was/is beautifully moist, tender and tasty.

Hope that helps.:-))

245sam, Dec 24, 12:34am
nozzie007, is it a boneless turkey breast!If so I would either poach it in a frying pan or saucepan, or as you suggest put it in an oven bag with some stock or water and oven cook it that way.If it's the bone-in breast portion of the turkey, then the latter option would be the best way.

In preparation for our Roast Turkey Casserole version of Alison Holst's Roast Chicken Casserole I cooked our whole turkey in an oven bag with mixed herbs, onions and a couple of cups of water - it was/is beautifully moist, tender and tasty.

Hope that helps.:-))

nozzie007, Dec 24, 12:52am
Thanks 245sam!It's boneless and skinless so I think it may need the protection of the oven bag.Adding some stock is a great idea thanks.