4 Ingredient Christmas Cake

Page 2 / 2
preskoolteacha, Dec 23, 1:55am
i use this recipe all the time, well vairation of it,,2c srf
2 tsp cinnamon,, tis called a golf cake, so easy and moist just be careful as the fruit catches

preskoolteacha, Dec 23, 1:57am
i usually do 8 or 16 mini fruit cakes,,i have a square cake tin thing that looks like a muffin tray and have often put let over in a muffin tray volia individual presents

groomingtools, Dec 23, 5:45am
I make 6 every year for Chrissy presents and they are great - Soak fruit mainly in alcohol and they dont dry out and have a lovely flavour. I also have a Christmas spice mixture I use in my cakes and puds. Cinnamon,Mix spice,Ginger,Cardamom, Coriander,Cloves, Nutmeg, 1 tsp of them all except Half of Nutmeg and cloves.ALso use essences

griffo4, Dec 23, 6:47am
l made them in mini loaf tin and gave them as gifts after we tried one and everyone loved them l used dried pineapple, mango, papaya and cranberries
l still love my rich fruit cake and l am eating Bea2's one now and it is really nice

karenz, Dec 23, 10:39pm
My oven is not the best, would it be worth putting a piece of baking paper over the top of the cake for the second half of the cooking time to prevent the fruit catching!

samceleste, Dec 24, 4:12am
I'm pretty much making it right now, haven't soaked the fruit (it's fruit mix) and it turns out well (well it did when I used to bake it at the cafe, hope it does this time lol)

willyow, Dec 24, 4:33am
That isn't gin =it issome water with a bit of gin added

karenz, Dec 24, 10:30pm
Maybe, though the gin content is 36% and it is quite a refreshing drink,also good for recipes that need that gin flavour and you don't have to spend over 30.00 for a bottle.