Bread cob

pericles, Dec 21, 12:22am
what do others stuff it with

winnie231, Dec 21, 1:38am
DIVINE GREEN DIP.
1 Cobb Loaf, 1 onion, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silverbeet leaves (cooked & well-drained). Cut the top off & hollow out the Cobb loaf, keeping the bread to cut into small serving-sized pieces for dipping. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor & then pour the mixture into the Cobb shell & place the lid on i.e. the piece cut from the top of the loaf. Bake at 150°C for 1/2 hour. Serve warm. Note: From Julie– “This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always serve other things e.g. Snax crackers, finely sliced French bread .I have also done in it in small rolls for individual dips & my Aunt has served it up as a Vegetarian meal, 1 dinner roll with filling and lots of chopped up vegetables for each person.”
REposted by 245sam

Spinach Dip
1 bunch spinach (fresh or frozen - if fresh cook and cool in fridge on paper towel to drain. If frozen - thaw and drain) Soften 1 pottle of cream cheese in microwave then add 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese and 2 cloves garlic - blend together in whizz with the spinach. Using a cobb loaf of bread, cut of the top and scoop out the bread leaving some lining the sides etc. Fill the inside with the spinach mixture - place the top back on and bake in oven for 40 mins (if bread starts to brown cover with some tinfoil) - cut up pita bread and place around the bread to crisp up- take about 5 min. Take the top off and serve on large platter with pitas for dipping.
posted by pauline64

Cobb Loaf Dip
300ml sour cream, 8 rashers bacon, 250g frozen spinach, 250g cream cheese, 6 spring onions, 2 cloves garlic, 1 1/2 cups tasty grated cheese, 1 cobb loaf. Lightly cook bacon and onion, add spinach. Mix together sour cream and cream cheeses in a bowl, then add bacon mixture to this. Cut a circle in top of loaf and hollow, fill cobb loaf and place lid back on. Wrap 3 times in foil and cook for 2 hours in a mod hot oven. Enjoy

Cheesy Bread Dip
1 cob loaf, 8 rashers bacon, diced and cooked, 500g light sour cream, chopped chives, 8 spring onions chopped, 1 onion, finely chopped, 250g grated tasty cheese, 250g grated mozzarella cheese. Very easy mix all above ingrediants together then fill your hollowed cob loaf. Wrap in foil and place in hot oven, cook for 30-40 mins.

Salmon Cobb Dip
1 tin pink or red salmon, drained, 300ml sour cream, 250g philadelphia cream cheese, splash thickened cream if needed, 2 or more cloves of garlic, 1/2 packet french onion soup mix (add more or less if needed), chopped dill or herbs of your choice, cracked black pepper, 1 cobb loaf. Hollow cobb loaf, place in oven and bake until crisp. In a bowl beat sour cream & philly until smooth, stir in the garlic, soup mix, pepper and herbs, add the cream if the mixture is to thick. Gently fold in the salmon. Pour this into the cobb loaf and serve. Can be lightly heated for 15 mins if you prefer warm. above 3 posted by sushimu

cob loaf
just thought i would share a really yummy recipe that is easy to make and great to take along to functions 1 cob loaf 250g sour cream 250g cream cheese 1 cup grated cheese 2 tablespoons mayo i pkt onion soup 1 or 2 cloves of garlic slice top off loaf and scoop out all bread from inside mix all other ingredients in together and put inside loaf wrap in tinfoil and bake at 150 degrees and then serve with dipping bread or crackers Also you can add other things to it Pineapple,cheese,salmon,silver-
beet stc. there are no rules for these ingredients just trial and error Enjoy posted by lollie22

winnie231, Dec 21, 1:38am
Stuffed Cobb Loaf
Top cut off & hollowed out (keep this and cut into small pieces for dipping)Ingredients: 1 Onion, 3/4 cup Mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g Cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silver beet leaves (cooked & well drained, 1 cobb loaf. Put all the above ingredients in a food processor and pour into cobb shell and place the lid on(top of the loaf that you cut off) and bake at 150 deg for 1/2 hour. serve warm. This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always buy other things like snax crackers of finely sliced french bread anything really. I also chop up the bread lid into cubes posted by pauline64

TASTE TEMPTER: a plain one sooo yum this is what i do its plain but really lovely. 300mls cream 250grms cream cheese 2 cups grated cheese 1 ptk maggi soup {i use onion or bacon and onion} put all ingrediants in saucepan leave till melts stir put in hollowed out cob loaf and bake for 30 mins i cut up a french loaf and crisp that in the oven to have with it too posted by yar22

Cob Loaf dip (garlic version)
Cob Loaf (best ones I found are the multigrain ones from Pak n Sav. Hollowed out, bread kept for dunking.2 cups tasty cheese, 250gm cream cheese, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1-2 onions, several cloves of garlic (according to taste), dash worcester, few leaves of spinach, dried or fresh basil (optional). Whizz all together. Pour into hollowed out loaf, put "lid" of bread back on, bake at 150 for 1 hour stirring once. To die for! posted by 4fireflys

Cobb Loaf
250g cream cheese, 1 cup each of mayonnaise and cheese, 1 onion (chopped), herbs and chopped ham, 1 x 440g can creamed corn, 1 Cobb or Vienna loaf (hollowed out). Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and cheese and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes. Add the onion, herbs, ham and corn. Put the mixture into a hollowed-out Cobb/Vienna Loaf. Bake at 100°C for 1/2 hour, then at 120°C for a further 15 minutes. posted by caro43

Salmon Cobb
1 Cobb loaf, 1 large can salmon, 2 packets softened Philadelphia cream cheese, 1 small onion (chopped), chopped parsley and ground black pepper, 2 tbsp beer. Hollow out the loaf. Mix all the remaining ingredients and once all mixed put into the loaf, then wrap the loaf in foil. Bake at 180°C for 1-1&1/2 hours. Bake the removed bread until nice and crispy and use for dipping. posted by elle16

SPINACH DAMPER
1 Damper (cob loaf), 1 pkt Frozen Spinach, 600 mls Sour Cream, 1 pkt Spring Vegetable Soup Mix, 1 diced Onion, 2 tblspn Mayo, Slice top off damper and remove bread. Cook Spinach as per instructions then mix remaining ingredients. Place in hollow damper, place top on damper and wrap in foil. Cook in moderate oven (180) for approx 1 hour or until filling warmed through. posted by taurushat

Cheesey Asparagus Cob loaf
Made this for my friends 5oth and is was really great,aloy of people keep asking me for the recipe. 1 can of asparagus(drained.1 pky of Chicken Noodle soup,250g sour ctream,250 sizse Cream Cheese,mix all 4 first ingredients togetherThen hollow out the cob loaf about 1/3leaving bread for dipping afterwards.Place the mixture into bread loaf,wrap in Tinfoil and back at 180=200 for an hour,serye with bread crusts,french sticks or crackers,its is really yummy! posted by shadoe

I have a yummy one, well its my mums actually.
Cook a couple of rashers of bacon. Add to one pot of cream cheese, one pot of sour cream, one cup of grated tasty cheese, finely chopped spring onion and a bit of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Carefully cut the top off a cob loaf then hollow out (any loaf will do as long as it is fairly big) - put the creamed mixture in. Put top back on and cook at 180deg c for one hour posted by michellee
"I try not to listen to the voices.but sometimes they have some GREAT ideas"

winnie231, Dec 21, 1:39am
The above recipes are all from the old TM Cooks website.
Enjoy :)