Greek Walnut and Orange Cake

1 c olive oil
1 ¼ c fresh orange juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 c sugar
3 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 c walnuts, finely chopped

Heat oven to 160C.Line a 20 - 25cm cake tine.

In a large bowl place oil, juice, cinnamon and sugar and mix until the sugar starts to dissolve.Sift flour and baking power and gradually mix in.When combined add walnuts and mix well.

Pour into tin and bak 15 min.reduce temperature to 130C and bake a further 40 min or until cooked.Cool on rack and serve warm or cool with whipped cream.

davidt4, Dec 14, 1:43am
x1
Coffee & Walnut Slice

100g butter
1t vanilla extract
4t very strong coffee
1T golden syrup
1½C brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1C plain flour
1t BP
1C coarsely chopped walnuts
50g melted butter
1½ cups icing sugar

Preheat the oven to 160C. Beat butter, vanilla, 2T of the coffee, the golden syrup and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs and beat again. Fold in flour with baking powder and walnuts, then pour into lined sponge roll tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.

To make the icing, beat butter, icing sugar and remaining coffee together until creamy. Ice when slice has cooled, sprinkling top with additional chopped walnuts if desired. Chill before slicing.

vonkrum, Dec 14, 5:30am
x2
Ray McVinnie had a walnut cake recipe quite a while ago which was served with blue cheese and grapes.Was really yummy.Unfortunately I have misplaced the recipe and cant seem to find it anywhere online.If anyone has the recipe would greatly appreciate.

margaret, Dec 14, 10:32pm
x1
try grandmas walnut cakes recipes